Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheMadTitanNamedThanos

Depressed and sad, wondering if my face will improve. Probably the worse acne scars you'll ever see.

So long story short, I've had very severe acne scars back in high school and I took accutane and it made it worse so after few months, the severe cystic acne went away and it left with these scars on my face. 

I feel like I have the worst acne scars on the world. I dont even know if my face will get better. I don't know what treatments are better for my face. I'm not sure what type of acne scars I have. I feel like just ending it all because I am the only with this face all filled with acne scars. Every time I go out I dont see anybody with scars worse than me and it just makes me even feel more depressed.

I am willing to pay for any treatments. Can someone help me what treatments to get and what type of scars do I have? I just want my face to be a little bit better. I am not looking for perfection but just improvement because i am very sad with how my skin looks.

IMG_20181217_221537_196.jpg

IMG_20181217_221326_409.jpg

IMG_20181217_221246_032.jpg

IMG_20181217_221516_088.jpg

IMG_20181217_221451_653.jpg

IMG_20181217_221349_855.jpg

Mate, these are definitely not the worst scars in the world. 
I see these kind of scars every day on the train and i never think the people who suffer from it are ''ugly'', you are good looking ;)
We have a tendency to beat ourselves up and see our flaws worse than they really are. 
Im sure beautifulambition will give you a good plan, but in the meantime you can write what kind of treatments have you already had, what kind of topicals have you used/using etc :)

^ I agree with him 100%.  Your scars IMO are very minor and textural.  They blend into your face very well.  I bet at a normal talking distance they are hardly noticeable.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  

6 hours ago, FromScarredtoFree said:

^ I agree with him 100%.  Your scars IMO are very minor and textural.  They blend into your face very well.  I bet at a normal talking distance they are hardly noticeable.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  

one thing i always wondered what this word textural scar means

a scar with normal skin texture but depressed in skin(happens in rolling scars case)

or a scar which is depressed and have diff texture than normal skin(happens in deep acne scars and injury scars)

can u pls clarify it

@TheMadTitanNamedThanos Your scarring is not the worse I have seen and I help complicated cases daily. That being said the biggest thing I see when I look at your pics is red PIE - this is wounding post acne. The skin color does not match drawing attention to everything else. That is the main thing I would treat.

You say you have money / are willing to pay for treatment, fly to Dr Lim then ;-)

You have textural acne scarring with mainly box cars, a few rolling scars, perhaps some ice picks. There is no deep fat loss with your scarring.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care  (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed. 

You are so cute , please don't do anything harsh to your skin.  Stay away from lasers and stay away from peels and harsh chemicals. If I had scars like yours , I wouldn't even be worried.  If you're going to do anything , maybe consider a filler for the ones that bug you most.  I'm telling you and being honest , you are good looking!