Notifications
Clear all

roaccutane

MemberMember
(@chloecuntin)

Posted : 12/17/2018 10:19 pm

(uk) got a referral to see a dermatologist for accutane, had the blood tests done for it. i suffer from moderate acne and i go through bouts of it, after it getting worse and worse for a year (on and off since puberty,. im 21)i thought okay its not going to get better, saw a doctor ect ect, did 4 months of antibiotics (didn't help), but now as soon as i have my appointment booked my skin miraculously decides to clear up. So my thought is they'll see that my skin is doing better, and wont prescribe it. but i know it will get bad again,whether it be two weeks, a few months or a year from now, it always comes back. is it worth going and just showing pictures of how my skin looks majority of the time when its bad? or will i still be unlikely to get it prescribed. do they factor in that its recurring acne at all or?

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 12/17/2018 10:52 pm

26 minutes ago, chloecuntin said:

(uk) got a referral to see a dermatologist for accutane, had the blood tests done for it. i suffer from moderate acne and i go through bouts of it, after it getting worse and worse for a year (on and off since puberty,. im 21)i thought okay its not going to get better, saw a doctor ect ect, did 4 months of antibiotics (didn't help), but now as soon as i have my appointment booked my skin miraculously decides to clear up. So my thought is they'll see that my skin is doing better, and wont prescribe it. but i know it will get bad again,whether it be two weeks, a few months or a year from now, it always comes back. is it worth going and just showing pictures of how my skin looks majority of the time when its bad? or will i still be unlikely to get it prescribed. do they factor in that its recurring acne at all or?

If any doctor was to prescribe you Roaccutane when you don't have severe cystic acne they should be reported and in an ideal world they should be sacked.

You should thank you lucky starts that your skin has cleared before taking roaccutane.

Tell me what you know about Roaccutane - describe what you believe are the worst side effects (not a trick just really interested).

I would like to see you go to that appointment just to see if they do prescribe Roaccutane for you and what they tell you about the side effects.

I can send you a scientific report that is a must read before you ever decide to take roaccutane - pm me if you would like to see it.

MemberMember
(@chloecuntin)

Posted : 12/18/2018 1:27 am

well im abit 50/50, ive seen a lot of bad things, but i've seen a lot of good things too. and in the doctors defense, this has been an ongoing issue that ive been seeing and trying out things  for years, so its not like she saw a new patient with some cystic acne and thought to go straight to the roaccutane referral. Just to clarify, im not complaining that my skin is temporarily less bad, i just know that its going to get bad soon again so its hard to truly appreciate it   

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 12/18/2018 11:38 pm

As with everything in life, you'll hear many different opinions on a single subject, and Accutane draws from all endsof the spectrum. There's the common misconception that Accutane is only for people who suffer from severe acne. It is not. It is widely prescribed to mild acne users if they're up to it, and many qualified dermatologists will prescribe it to you even if your acne is not severe. My dermatologist prescribed it to me on my first visit, after sitting for a long 20 minutes and telling her everything I had tried to no avail in the past 5-6 months. My skin was pretty clear that day as well.

I've been on it for 30 days now, and the only thing I regret is not visiting the derm right away back in May, instead of trying to find the answer on the internet. Don't dwell too much on what you read on these forums or anywhere online. It is nice to have feedback from other acne sufferers, but always trust your dermatologist and your own body first because, I'm sure you've heard this before, everyone's skin is different.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/19/2018 12:06 am

27 minutes ago, Will_from_Barcelona said:

As with everything in life, you'll hear many different opinions on a single subject, and Accutane draws from all endsof the spectrum. There's the common misconception that Accutane is only for people who suffer from severe acne. It is not. It is widely prescribed to mild acne users if they're up to it, and many qualified dermatologists will prescribe it to you even if your acne is not severe. My dermatologist prescribed it to me on my first visit, after sitting for a long 20 minutes and telling her everything I had tried to no avail in the past 5-6 months. My skin was pretty clear that day as well.

I've been on it for 30 days now, and the only thing I regret is not visiting the derm right away back in May, instead of trying to find the answer on the internet. Don't dwell too much on what you read on these forums or anywhere online. It is nice to have feedback from other acne sufferers, but always trust your dermatologist and your own body first because, I'm sure you've heard this before, everyone's skin is different.

Good luck!

am i correct, i think i read herethat they give a lower/safer dose of accutane now?

MemberMember
(@chloecuntin)

Posted : 12/19/2018 6:35 am

6 hours ago, Will_from_Barcelona said:

Good luck!

Thank you:) i guess ill go and see how it carries out, im sure she'll assess everything and see whats best for my skin