Notifications
Clear all

Got an online quote from Dr. Rullan

MemberMember
(@asianman81)

Posted : 12/17/2018 10:36 am

Hey guys.

He suggested Subcision with CROSS carbolic and Microneedling. I think this is one of the package listed on his web-site.

Do I need Subcision? I didn't expect that I would need Subcision as most of my scars are box and ice pick.

BTW, what is CROSS carbolic? TCA CROSS?

Just want to hear you guys input before I decide to fly to San Diego.

Thanks!

L1.JPG

L2.JPG

L3.JPG

L4.JPG

R1.JPG

R2.JPG

R3.JPG

R4.JPG

R5.JPG

Other option that I'm considering is fly to FL to see Dr. Steven Weiner for RF microneedling.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/18/2018 11:26 am

@asianman81Where would they subcise? Your scars are very superficial / textural. What would subcision do for them. He could do some peels to them, phenol cross as he said, miconeedling, and yes you can fly to Dr. Wiener for more if a few sessions of this does not work. Weiner has all the energy devices. But so does everyone else if you want to stay local.

It looks like textural box cars and icepicks. Lots of phenol cross will be needed. Box cars he can phenol cross,... but you will probably need rf needling for them your right or angled co2 laser, or fractional erbium. Because of your skin type more treatments are needed. They turn up the power to high and permanent damage, hence a gentler approach.

I do think picosure would be good for you(Google a local med spa), as you have hyperpigmentation, and it makes collagen growth in your skin type.

Use nightly retin-a/tretinorin/or differin and a kojic acid and licorice ingredients cream. You want your cells turned over and to prevent hyperpigmentation.

I would start with that plan, ... if you need more it would be more laser work. Manual methods are a good start.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 12/19/2018 3:58 am

I actually think your skin looks good. Your scars are very shallow and superficial and doing scar treatments isn't without risk, even with the experts. Think long and hard about what you would like to do. Personally, I would just continue with your current skincare treatment at home and make sure to avoid the Sun. I think make up could cover your texture issues quite easily. All the best.

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 12/19/2018 4:20 am

I have some similar in some parts and have been told the best treatment for these is exicison/punch excision? any thoughts?

to make the scars and pores smaller? would excision do this to the above to make them smaller/non existent?