Notifications
Clear all

How much improvement should we expect for TCA Cross?

MemberMember
(@damagedskin)

Posted : 12/16/2018 6:42 pm

I will be having TCA cross on my new icepick scars soon. It will be done at a dermatologist's office, so I will not do it at home. I am just wondering how much improvement I should expect for the icepick scars. The dermatologist said my icepick scars are fairly shallow but will respond to TCA cross so let's see. He suggested repeating the treatment every 6 weeks for 4 sessions in total.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/17/2018 10:31 am

@DamagedSkinDepends on how you heal, how many sessions you do, the skill of the Dr. Were all different. Takes 2-3 months(He seems to treat sooner) to see results and it's a slow process.More time let's you see what works and doesn't with healing.

MemberMember
(@damagedskin)

Posted : 01/04/2019 10:17 am

Hi so I had one session of TCA last month and a few weeks later, Im shocked to see that the icepick scars arenearly filled in!

Now that the scars are (almost) superficial, whats the next step for eveningout the colour and tone? Its as if the icepick scar has left a stain on my skin. I live in Toronto so I have limited resources.

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2019 10:46 am

@DamagedSkinWell once they are superficial you can do a few tca peels, or a fully ablative erbium laser resurfacing.

For Red you can do vascular laser.

I am sure you have peels and vascular laser even at the med spas in CAN.

@GimozziDon't know if this patients Dr is a option for your TCA 😉