Notifications
Clear all

accutane making my skin much worse than before

MemberMember
(@watson78)

Posted : 12/15/2018 4:57 pm

I am on my 4th month of accutane, low dosage: 20mg for the first 2 months and 3mg for the next two.

it started off great, skin wasn't absolutely awful to begin with but I had just had constant acne since I was about 13 (am now 20, female, 120lb). for the first 2 months, things were going well. skin was dry but spots were disappearing and for the first time in forever I didn't feel like I had to wear concealer. then the dosage moved up to 30mg and things went downhill very fast. I now have really painful, cystic acne that I have never before had in my life. it is all over my cheeks and jaw. it has been like this for over 1 month which is very strange I think, as even become accutane I could never have the same spots for that long. my skin and lips are still dry but the cysts are still appearing every day, as soon as I think one is gone, another one appears.

my dermatologist says she hasn't seen this before. I am wondering if I am reacting badly to the treatment. I know its strange to have such a bad breakout 3-4 months in and on a low dosage. has this happened to anyone else/any ideas of what this could be?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/16/2018 6:35 am

I know this won't help, but you need patience