Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar (My Journey) - Need advice! w/+photos

MemberMember
(@swede_89)

Posted : 12/15/2018 8:31 am

Hello Acne-Community,

I've silently been following your stories and have decided to do something about my acne-scars and share my journey, as many of you have.  A big SHOUT-OUT to all the moderators for the time and dedication they put into helping us.  

My story: 
As for the majority of acne-scars sufferers, my scars have affected me psychological. Before I started to see a psychologist (6 months ago), I constantly wore make-up and had a need to always look myself in the mirror. I didn't date because of my thoughts that mad me believe that when the person would see my scarring (underneath all the make-up) he would turn around, and that kind of rejection was something that I didn't want to put myself through... Anyhow, since I started to see my psychologist my self-teem have increased tremendously. I don't ware that much make-up anymore (I even go out without sometimes) and I've started dating. I still have a long way to go, but i'm getting there... The reason why i'm writing this is because our wounds lies deeper than the scars on our face and it doesn't matter if we successfully reduce them and get 100% beautiful skin - the scars inside us will still be there but show in a different way.

My Acne-Scar story:

Post-treatments:
Zero, have not had anything done.

Treatment #1: December 14, 2018 - Nokor Subscion + Fillers Belotero  (Dr. Emil Henningsen)

Downtime: To be updated
Visual improvement: To be updated
Comments: Dr. Henningsen examine my acne scars and concluded that the majority where rolling scars. I do have some box scars and other type of scars (don't remember what he called them). Anyways, we decided to wait with treatment of the superficial scars. Personally, I want to take it slow as I never done any treatment before and don't know how my body heals. We did although put TCA (5% - I think) on one of my box scars to see how I respond to the treatment. 
Treatment on cheeks: Nokor Subscion + Fillers Belotero
Treatment on temples: Subscion with a thinner needle (don't remember the name) + Fillers Belotero
Treatment on Jaw: Subscion with a thinner needle (don't remember the name) + Fillers Belotero (Dr. didn't treat my entire jaw but two scaring on each side that was thread)

Posting more details with pictures of healing process below)

Treatment #2: End February- Begging March, 2019 - Nokor Subcision, fillers, other treatments?  (Dr. Emil Henningsen)
Dr. Emil Henningsen told me to wait three months before next appointment. I might go in a bit earlier depending on how I heal - 2,5 months. Should combine the subscion with TCA Crossing? I've noticed that some Dr.s combine laser (high power - low density) with Subscion as it helps with the production of collagen. I might ask him to use laser on a test-area to see how I respond to it and do laser treatment #3. I've Hispanic skin so hyper-pigmentation is a concern. 

Treatment #3: End June- Begging July, 2019 - Nokor Subcision, fillers, laser?  (Dr. Emil Henningsen)
To Be Continue..

Treatment #4: xxxxxxxx, 2019 - Something for the texture!?
To Be Continue..

Picture post-treatment - I don't have a good camera on my phone. I'll tried to get the pictures that my doctor took under angle lighting. 

Left side: My worst side

1756875156_LeftSide.jpg.e22007268efb6ae4c8d170e84db0e069.jpg

Right side

441492777_RightSide.jpg.a4d7296a4942b3718f8b3e49dcfac5f9.jpg

JAW: scars are bumps that are sticking out. Nothing was done about that this time.

JAW.jpg.f661dadde24643452ef21a25fbb3adb8.jpg

Peace out!

malia02, tomwaits, beautifulambition and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@swede_89)

Posted : 12/15/2018 9:23 am

-Healing Process!

Treatment #1: December 14, 2018 - Nokor Subscion + Fillers Belotero

Physical Condition: Swollen gone down 50%; Minimal bruises on jaw and cheek. Honestly, I had prepared myself for the worst - completely bruised. To my surprise, I've not bruised that much. I'm being very attentive to my healing process as everyone should be after any kind of treatment. So far - everything is good! Although, one of the incision points are a bit red and still quite swollen which is completely normal (done research before treatment), but one should still be attentive to the healing process because it should be getting better everyday and not worse. ^_^

3BFE0AE2-7EEE-4EE2-B7D7-B467152AE4A1.thumb.jpeg.626a85d370cdc6488e411ed08b1af4dd.jpeg

817F11C1-6C0C-4389-B93C-24038C2ECDB5.thumb.jpeg.e0f60331c6f1a1b7fdbb6e38dd31ddb5.jpeg

Next post will be in 4 week. Peace out!

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 12/15/2018 9:45 am

Thanks for posting your story! I've read good things about dr. Emil and consider giving him a visit myself, though I'd have to travel a bit. 

Please keep us updated. :)

Swede_89 liked
MemberMember
(@neofox)

Posted : 01/06/2019 8:11 pm

No news? Are you happy with result?

Swede_89 liked
MemberMember
(@swede_89)

Posted : 01/11/2019 8:31 am

@neofox

I'll update this weekend with pictures! ^_^

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/11/2019 10:24 am

Very convenient that you live in Denmark! Skaaaal

MemberMember
(@sonililly)

Posted : 04/12/2020 6:44 pm

@Swede_89

Any updates regarding your scar treatment?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 04/15/2020 2:08 pm

On 4/13/2020 at 1:44 AM, Sonililly said:

@Swede_89

Any updates regarding your scar treatment?

Well she visited lastly april 13th 2019, whole year she wasnt here, I see too many cases like this happened, its weird, i dont know if people are happy so they dont post anymore, or they feel so unhappy that they just dont care anymore.

MemberMember
(@getstatuslinkgmail-com)

Posted : 03/15/2021 2:14 pm

Ms Swede, we eagerly await an update