Notifications
Clear all

self loathing

MemberMember
(@iziziz)

Posted : 12/13/2018 5:26 pm

pretty much just hate myself. my acne isn't that bad but I've had points in my life when it was super awful and i'm paranoid that my skin will go back to those dark times.

as I said before, my skin isn't so bad right now,but I still find it fucking ugly. I hate the redness, white heads, and zits. I have so many little whiteheads. and the scars, don't get me started. it's a recipe for ultimate self hate. I've tried everything: eating well, taking supplements, you name it. Ican't believe I'm gonna turn 22 and still have zits. everyone thinks I'm still in my early years of high school.... and in my head I'm thinking, it's probably bc I have acne of a 13 year old.

MemberMember
(@sotiredofthiscrap)

Posted : 12/13/2018 8:16 pm

Well, brace yourself if you are a woman because acnecan last well into your 40s due to hormones. I'm 36 and still have acne and, in fact, my acne is now at the worst it's ever been. I woke up today with half of my lower lip swollen because of the inflammation from a big cystic pimple that is forming on my chin. I know that's not what you want to hear, but be prepared.

MemberMember
(@marie528)

Posted : 12/16/2018 5:54 pm

38 year old woman here with the acne ofa teenager so yeah...it sucks. I had perfect skin until my late 20s though. A lot of people do grow out of it. I, however, finally had to go on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@iziziz)

Posted : 12/26/2018 7:01 pm

Man... Ive had acne since I was 12, and horrible acne in my lateteen years. I went in accutane and got perfect skin. Now its slowly becoming worse again. The only time I had perfect skin was when I was 5 minutes out of the womb lmao fml..... if I am going to be 37 and still have bad skin, that means 25 years of acne wow...... is there a suicide emoji

MemberMember
(@bazzo)

Posted : 12/27/2018 8:22 am

Hi Iz, when you say you have tried eating well, what exactly have you tried and for how long?

MemberMember
(@emilee_sarah)

Posted : 02/16/2019 5:47 pm

Hey Iziziz,

Unblemish by Rodan+Fields has been a miracle-worker for me. It's completely cleared up my severe, cystic acne. Is this something you would be interested in?

Hang in there:)