Notifications
Clear all

Spironolactone in Ireland? HELP!

MemberMember
(@nicola123)

Posted : 12/13/2018 10:15 am

Hi guys,

I have female adult hormonal acne and have been taking birth control (Dianette) for the last 2.5 years and it has kept my skin completely clear. But as it's high risk for blood clots I had to come off it a couple of months ago and my skin has started to break out a bit already.. No cysts yet but I'm worried they'll come back.

After doing a lot of research, I think Spiro would work for me as it controls androgens like Dianette BUT it isn't licensed for acne in Ireland. I asked my GP for it but he said there's no way any doctor will prescribe it to me, because they would be doing so at their own risk. Anyone in Ireland manage to find a GP or Dermatologist that prescribes Spiro for acne? Because I would LOVE to see them. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@christinamarie13)

Posted : 12/13/2018 2:42 pm

Your GP doesn™t want to prescribe it to you for a reason.... just read other Spiro experiences on this website, that should be enough to convince you why Spiro is a bad idea. It will never be healthy for longterm. If you think your acne is because of excess androgens let me HIGHLY recommend trying spearmint capsules before you do Spiro. Spearmint has done wonders for my skin :)