Notifications
Clear all

Even my principal noticed

MemberMember
(@alwayssadandcrying)

Posted : 12/12/2018 7:56 am

Let mestart from the beginning.

Aweek ago I noticed that my skin was getting better. I still got breakouts, but it was not that many. My hormonal acne wasn't so bad, I only hadtwo huge whiteheads om my cheek, which I didnot want to pop because it would leavecraters in my skin. I wanted to wait, till they were dry. So I took a big scarf around my neck and hid my cheeks in it at school today (I never wear makeup). I went around like that the whole day, like a ninja. The last two hours of school would be easy, I thought (because we should have art class). I went into the class and started drawing. A "friend" of mine sat across me. She looked at me and said, "You have the biggestpimple on you cheek right now".

I didn't say anything. What should I say? I got hurt, but she was right. So I sat there, and tried to dig my face deeper into the scarf. Then my principal came into theclassroomand began to share some candy (because it's almost Christmas and all that...). When she came to me, I said "no, thanks" to thecandy, but she did not want to go. She asked if I wanted to have somefruit instead, but I refused. She could see that something was off and asked me if I was alright and I said "no, I havea headache".

She asked if I wanted to go home and I nodded. I almost ran out of class, took my bag and jacket and startedto go home. But my principal ran after me, stopped me and said, "I know that you maybe are going to get mad at me or something, but I have four girls and they also have suffered from acne". I froze. Then she bagan to ask me if I had someone I could talk toabout it, and she told me about Tea Tree Oil and other treatments.I told her that I have been using all those things she had suggested. Nothing worked. Then I began to cry, and she hugged me and said that she wanted to talk to me about my problem later. I agreed and went home.

I don't know what I shall get out of this. I just wanted to share this.

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 12/12/2018 9:49 am

You get what you need out of it - you get it out of your system.

I went through the same thing at school, used to do everything i could to try and hide my face, especially with scarves. However, looking back now, I wish i hadn't, I wish i'd just owned it and let the acne run its course.

I took accutane in my early 20s and it was the worst decision ive ever made so please don't do anything drastic. Just let the acne run its course, everyone gets it and although it makes you feel alone, people really don't change their perception of you because of it. As hard as it is to believe that, trust me, it's true.

Just do the usual things, wash with a pH balanced cleanser, don't use any harsh drying products, avoid sugar and dairy etc... and just let your face be how it is, it won't be that way forever, just be confident in yourself and try not to let it bother you.

MemberMember
(@lavenderhummingbird)

Posted : 01/11/2019 3:09 pm

@AlwayssadandcryingAcne is definitely a hard part of life. Not everyone has to struggle with it, but some of us do. Just remember that you're not alone, and people may see your acne, but they know that you are not responsible for it being there and you can't really get rid of it. Your friends may notice a pimple every now and then, but your true friends don't focus on that- they may not ever even think about it! For sure, they don't think about it as much as you would. They're more focused on what makes you YOU! Your personality, your hobbies, the things you do together... remember that, not just how you look. I know it's hard, I've been through the same thing. I constantly have to remind myself that I should not build my life around my acne struggles. They do not define me, nor do they define you <3

Good luck with all your acne treatments, and I agree with @Justdry, it's best to not do something drastic. There are lots of little things that will help along the way, and you'll figure out what works best for you- everyone is unique, so what works for someone else might not work for you and vice versa.