Notifications
Clear all

Dermaneedling and moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@toni94)

Posted : 12/09/2018 5:29 am

Hi everyone,

Is it better to dermaneedle on dry skin or to use moisturizer e.g. hyaluronic serum to ease the gliding? As for the aftercare...do you recommend that I use moisturizer on the days post-session? Is it better to not use anything and just leave the skin peel?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/09/2018 10:33 am

@Toni94Nothing is needed, It's all optional. Some like HA to glide. I recommend you moisturize when it's healed 24 hrs after, for some longer. Wear sunscreen! Your nightly tretinorin or differin you can start up at this time as well. You leave the blood after needling for several hrs and don't wash off to get the benefits. All of this is in the derminator guide, check out the FAQ, first post scar treatments sub, microneedling section.

Toni94 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/09/2018 11:06 am

No nothing is necessary. It's up to your likes and dislikes.

Retin-a is applied at least 24hrs after microneedling. Depending on your reaction to usage or sensitivity.

runnyeggs and Toni94 liked
MemberMember
(@runnyeggs)

Posted : 12/09/2018 4:01 pm

Curious. Did you use 9 needle or 12 needle? I think the 9 was preferred over the 12.

MemberMember
(@toni94)

Posted : 12/09/2018 4:37 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Toni94Nothing is needed, It's all optional. Some like HA to glide. I recommend you moisturize when it's healed 24 hrs after, for some longer. Wear sunscreen! Your nightly tretinorin or differin you can start up at this time as well. You leave the blood after needling for several hrs and don't wash off to get the benefits. All of this is in the derminator guide, check out the FAQ, first post scar treatments sub, microneedling section.

Is there any evidence onthe effects of leaving the blood on the face after a needling session? I don't understand why it would be effective...it's just blood on your skin...Is it the same as PRP??

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/10/2018 11:42 am

OF course there is no"evidence" leaving the blood after a needling session is prp. PRP is refined blood with growth factors. Wipe it off if you wish, the same blood that dries on yoru face, they refine into stronger amounts of prp. Then don't do it / use it 😉

Toni94 liked
MemberMember
(@toni94)

Posted : 12/10/2018 12:19 pm

35 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

OF course there is no"evidence" leaving the blood after a needling session is prp. PRP is refined blood with growth factors. Wipe it off if you wish, the same blood that dries on yoru face, they refine into stronger amounts of prp. Then don't do it / use it 😉

I can leave it on my face after dermaneedling, no problem...I just asked coz I wanted to know why it isrecommended...