Notifications
Clear all

What type of Scars do I have and best treatment for them

MemberMember
(@sam492)

Posted : 12/08/2018 3:15 pm

Hello everyone!!This is my first post on this forum.I'm 19 and I have been suffering from acne and acne scars from 2 years.Luckily, in my case the breakouts occur only on my cheeks but I'm dealing with acne scars from the past one and a half year.I have visited two dermatologist for my acne scars.First dermatologist recommended tropical acne scars cream,Kojic acid gel etc which don't have any positive effect on my scars.The second dermatologist had recommended four seetings of chemical peels which I have done but again it didn't saw a significant improvement on my acne scars.It would be a big help if ba can help me out finding the best treatment for my acne scars.

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@grandor)

Posted : 12/08/2018 7:55 pm

Did you take these pics with a potato?

Throw some better pictures up with angled lighting, and the folks here can give you advice

MemberMember
(@sam492)

Posted : 12/09/2018 7:43 am

@grandor Lol..I didn't knew we can take pics with potato..just kidding, actually camera of my mobile sucks and the lighting was pretty bad at that time.Sorry for that..Actually I don't have very big scars all over my cheeks that is why they aren't that visible from the pics..I'm more concerned with the redness of the acne scars which isn't fading away from from a long time..I'm uploading some pics with better lighting conditions...I already know the quality of the pics is terrible but if you can take a look and if you can tell what type of Scars or pigmentation I have it would be a great help to me.

Thanks !!

IMG_20181209_175329.jpg

IMG_20181209_175241.jpg

IMG_20181209_175144.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/09/2018 10:30 am

@Sam492You want to get rid of PIE or redness post acne, it wounding. This is not scarring. Go get vascular laser. If you want to try some at home things try glycolic peels, tretinorin or differin nightly, dermastamp the area or buy a derminator.

Regarding the cheek area it looks to be a few rolling scars, get subcision done if you wish(a few sessions are needed), and some filler, you can get laser or rf needling as well if you wish but this is optional and you can always dermastamp and do some peels at home.

MemberMember
(@sam492)

Posted : 12/10/2018 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot @beautifulambition I will definitely go for the vascular laser next month.In the meantime, do you think azelaic acid(20%) will work on my pie??.I was recommended azelaic acid few months back by my dermatologist but I never gave it a try.Also,the mid area of my cheeks has uneven skin tone.Skin looks quite dull and old in that part Could you recommend some OTC products or treatments for the uneven skin tone.

Thanks again for the help!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/11/2018 10:12 am

@Sam492Worth a try right, before you do laser or something expensive. I normally get people after they try all that first or even Glycolic peels. Glycolic peels could help your skin. Also hydro facials if you would rather they do it at a Dr. Retin-a/tretinorin/differin nightly.