Notifications
Clear all

Oral Isotretinoin for Sebacious Hyperplasia

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 12/06/2018 4:16 am

anyone ever find success in treating their SH with oral isotret? I find some articles that even with lower dose, it'd clear up the SH with rare occurence in future

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 12/06/2018 5:27 am

My advice to you is to stay away from accutane and find another way to treat.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 12/11/2018 11:07 pm

Hi Justdry

thanks so much for responding. i might re-think of doing oral isotret since the side effect might do more harm than the SH. i did cautery and CO2 laser in the past but it's not satisfactory hence, i'd like to try other methods. my SH are small sizes but quite many. they appear after i use wrong skincare so i'm not sure of the genetic side since i recall none of my family members have it. after the cautery and CO2 laser, most of them just reduced in size though they start as small bumps already. only few succesfully removed and no recurring effect 1.5years up to now. even some are missed by the doctor (who refused to do retouch afterwards). even these small (looks like easy) bumps are ain't small matters when it comes to skin issue #sic

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 12/12/2018 6:52 am

Isotretinoin is just a complete roll of the dice. I have one or 2 friends that have taken it and made full recoveries since taking it. However, there are a large majority (myself included) who suffer for the rest of their lives. It's been 8 years since I stopped taking accutane now and I still have side effects. My skin is 100x worse now than it ever was when i had acne.

I'd advise anyone thinking of taking accutane to rethink this. It's a gamble with your life. I would give anything to go back in time and not take it. I'd happily take my acne back.