Notifications
Clear all

How I Cleared My Skin

MemberMember
(@headspace)

Posted : 12/05/2018 1:30 pm

Hi everyone, I've been on this website for a little while but I haven't posted in over a year. I was updating a post with my acne journey until September, 2017, but just lost track of time. My skin has cleared up so incredibly much. I had normal acne on combination skin and now I have very few typical breakouts. I do have some occasional cystic acne now that I'm working on a routine for, but this post is about general acne. 

My original post focused on the prescription products my dermatologist had suggested for me, this post will be more about what I'm going to continue my clear skin. I've used this routine for 8 months or more at this point.

• I use either a charcoal bar soap (Gender Bender by Perfectly Posh) or another gentle face/body bar soap once or twice a day (morning and night).
  • Sometimes I wash my face with a gentle salicylic acid face wash if my skin is seeming particularly acne prone. If I'm having an extremely bad time with acne (rare) I use a 10% benzoyl peroxide wash.
  • I also moisturize using a light facial lotion (I use Cetaphil moisturizer) once or twice a day, depending on how dry my skin is and how the weather is.
  • Maybe once a week I do a face mask. I bought a large container of clay powder and have been using that for the past two years, mixed with water and occasionally a drop of peppermint oil if I really want a deep squeaky clean. If my face is dry I'll do an oatmeal and nut milk face mask. If my skin's feeling dull or not elastic I'll do a strawberry and oatmeal face mask. (Note - do NOT use peppermint oil on your skin if you have sensitive skin)
  • I exfoliate once a week or every two weeks, I use a sugar scrub with a soap base and just use that to exfoliate and cleanse for that night. It's very important to add a little water to a sugar scrub if you're using it on your face, so you aren't just rubbing dry sugar across your face and causing micro-tears. 

Apart from actual skincare, I eat fairly healthy in general and I'm trying to get back into the habit of drinking as much water as my body needs. My skin is looking amazing and I continue to get compliments on how clear it is, plus my confidence has gone up so much in the past year. Feel free to comment for any clarifications. ;D

Happy skin care!

Headspace

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 12/13/2018 12:18 pm

That's awesome! So happy you finally figured out what works for your skin! Thanks for sharing :)