Notifications
Clear all

Dead sea salt toner

MemberMember
(@acnemaster123)

Posted : 12/04/2018 10:00 am

Hi everybody, hope youre all doing well.

Im a 20 year old girl who has beensuffering from acne her WHOLE DAMN LIFE. Ive tried everything, from rubbing tomatoes over my skinto one of the most harsh availabe products (accutane). Recently I found out that my acne may be a cause from the products I use on my face (like foundation to cover it up, face wash, etc) so I decided to switch to a natural (selfmade) skin routine.

Well Ive already purchased rosehip oil and jojoba oil for hydration and Im still searching for the most natural face wash. For the toner I saw on the internet a diy sea salt toner that may works wonders for acne skin. I was veryeager to try that, so I recently bought a bag of DEAD sea salt and I madea toner of that as it contains a higher concentration of minerals I think it willwork better.

Has anyone already tried a selfmade dead sea salt toner? Does it work? Ive tried it yesterday and my face became all red and itchy so I was afraid maybe I should not use it anymore.

MemberMember
(@yvogue)

Posted : 12/04/2018 12:08 pm

Hi there I am 21,I actually tried a homemade sea salt toner 5 months ago and it was a huge mistake for me personally, It dried out my skin way too much and made me break out really bad after i used it for a few days( I thought it was going to work wonders because I had been to the beach a month prior and the salt water was amazing for my skin). After using the sea salt toner is was when I decided to switch to accutane, and right now my skin has never looked better (I do understand accutane is not for everyone but so far I have had no problems with it). I don't remember the last time my skin was this clear...maybe when I was 15.

The Jojoba Oil is Like gold to me so don't stop using that! Its helped speed up the process of my hyper pigmentation, Look into doingthe Oil cleansingmethod with Jojoba oil! I do this method 2-3x a week to remove my makeup and clean all of the dirt out of my pores. I do add a few drops ofJojoba oil everyday into my moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@angiek)

Posted : 12/07/2018 5:26 pm

I second Yvogue! Sea salt will dry you out big time and cause irritation by disrupting your moisture barrier. Unfortunately Jojoba oil breaks me out. I did several oil methods but my skin didn't like it. I do best if I soak a washcloth in HOT water and then get my face good and red and then rub it lightly to get the gook out. Works better than any acids or oils I have ever used.