Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recently been reading a lot good about calamine lotion. Im wondering where to get it from? What brand? Walgreens as shown on picture in reviews? Who makes the highest quality? What ingredients do I look for in one and what ingredients do I avoid?

thanks

Edited by aliasson

Caladryl is the one that has been on the market the longest. I used it when I had chicken pox as a kid. I have used Caladryl clear and some generics of it and that doesn't work as well for itching so the pink color obviously is necessary to make it stronger or something. The point of using Caladryl on your face for acne would be to 1. soothe inflammation and 2. dry out your acne.... I personally don't think that will help you get rid of any spots.... my acne never went away just because I dried out my face... the layers of skin that are holding that oil stuck way down in your pores will be unaffected by calamine. If you have angry inflamed zits, I would use the natural alternative to calamine, which is oatmeal. It is soothing and it dries out your skin.