Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quixotry

Best type of treatment and doctor recommendations (So Paulo, Brazil)

Hello!

Some background: I'm in my early 20s and live in São Paulo, Brazil. I have already tried microneedling and subcision (3 sessions) and I haven't seen any improvement, but I don't think the treatment was done in the best way possible, so I would not mind trying it again with another doctor.

The only doctor recommendation I found on this forum is from an entirely different region of the country, and it's been difficult finding someone who does subcision/TCA cross. I'd be grateful if you have any tips.

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

Hi there thanks for posting, I am told the Dr's are not that good in Brazil for acne scarring. Which is strange as it's one of the plastic surgery capitals of the world. I would call around plastic surgeons and ask if they can do subcision for acne scars throughout your cheek. Or call a local dermatology college and see if they do it. Ask how many they do a month. 

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care  (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed. 

Edited by beautifulambition