Notifications
Clear all

Fillers for non distensible scars. Can work?

MemberMember
(@lollastewart)

Posted : 11/30/2018 8:12 am

I had subcision and I have noticed only mild improvement with the tethered scars. I was expecting subcision would turn my non distensible scars into distensible ones but that didn't happen.

Next step is fillers but the scars, despite looking a bit better, are still non distensible. In this case would fillers help to raise them?

Thank you...

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/01/2018 2:08 pm

When you say"distensible" what does this mean to you? It may mean a different definition to me and patients often have a different idea about a outcome or end goal so want to check.

Fillers can be useful but only for distensible scars. If the scar rises up when the skin is stretched, thats a distensible scar that will respond to a filler.

Conversely, if injectable fillers are used in scars with bands that hold them down in deeper tissue, the filler will migrate, surround the scar, and exaggerate its appearance. Hence Subcision is necessary to break the bands.

What most people don't know is subcision is the act of making a pocket also to place filler, ... if something doughnuts, then you can subcise after to deal with it also.

Your case is a special case as the Dr did not use traditional subcision means, but just a standard needle to try to subcise. Also the chin is really hard to treat - vascularity.

quixotry liked
MemberMember
(@lollastewart)

Posted : 12/01/2018 5:27 pm

I see. Yes when I stretch the skin it doesn't get better. With more subcision does it get to become distensible? Or are there scars which never become distensible no matter the number of subcisions?

Thank you for clarifying... I feel like I've lost money with this subcision. Next time I'm gonna ask for nokor needle.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/03/2018 12:30 am

@lollastewartIPerhaps cannula. I think it's the skillset of the Dr. Goto a Plastic Surgeon they can better consult with you on chin implants and underlying structures.

MemberMember
(@lollastewart)

Posted : 12/03/2018 12:27 pm

But I don't want a chin implant for now... I just want to get rid of the uneveness caused by the scars...

Perhaps if she fills in the holes it should be fine...