Notifications
Clear all

People without acne/scars

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 11/29/2018 3:01 pm

Hi all,

Today is not a good day. I try to be positive, to meditate, do hypnosis but here we are, today is sad.

I was thinking today that people with normal skin will never realize how much lucky they are.

I was at the office and one of my colleague was venting about her hairs. She was saying people with normal hairs were so lucky because she is very hairy. Everyone was like « yes I understand, it should be hard etc » and said she can do laser etc

Another one was venting because she was eating too much sugar (there is always something to eat at work) and I personally cannot have one single cheat meal without being anxious about my skin (very hard when there is always chocolate in front of you)

At this moment I realized how far I was with this kind of problems. Same with weight : I can barely understand people venting on their weight. I was, before my acne. I was self conscious but at a low degree, I could live with it.

I felt very sad and thought I would never have this kind of little problems too..

I wanted to scream : « your hairs can be removed ! You can eat 5 pounds of chocolat, you will never be scarred for life! Some have to live with acne scars everyday on their FACE worrying which pimple will scarre them tomorrow !! »

Sometimes it is very hard to feel far from people™s problems/life. I want my past life back so much :(

MemberMember
(@bazzo)

Posted : 12/26/2018 7:08 am

Whilst it is frustrating that you will experience something many others haven't, it's important to realise that problems like being overweight will have their own intricacies to them too that we won't notice from the outside. Just as people with clear skin won't think about sugar, or anything touching their face, we don't think about how overweight people face difficulty merely just walking around, or in romantic scenarios just like we do. Acne is horrible, but it is not the only horrible thing that can happen to a person.

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 01/02/2019 12:06 pm

Hi,

I am not talking about obesity, which is a disease and can have permanentconsequences on people..

I am talking of those people who feel overweighted. Of course it can be hard BUT you can do something about it, there is HOPE.

I was overweighted a short period of time during my teens. I was self conscious BUT I was not in despair because I knew I could do something about it. Moreover, I knew that a LOT of people was facing the same problem and it was reassuring. Nowadays people tend to accept more their body etc.. but with skin there is nothing, nothing nothing, society shows you that if you have bad skin it means you are dirty, not healthy, acne and scars is not understood as well and taboo

It is important to make the difference in life in general between things that are permanent and not frequent :anothersort of pain which ismuch harder ;and things that are not permanent and frequent.

It is very difficult for me to hear such normal problems, and I feel like a stranger to anyones life.

MemberMember
(@unusednylon)

Posted : 04/18/2019 5:01 pm

I agree with you completely.

When I say I'd prefer my face full of acne, extremely red, irritated andhurtingas hell as it was before than what it's now, just scars everywhere, people don't understand. At least back then I had HOPE that my skin could be normal again.

Watching TV you see every type of people but none with skin problems. Even in the street, it's so extremely rare to see people with skin problems it's infuriating. I actually stop going to the gym because I couldn't stop myself from looking at everyone skin and thinking how unlucky I must be. Everyone in my family, from my brother to the very last distant member, they all have clear skin, even after acne.

Statistically, I believe we should see more people with skin problems everywhere, but maybe they're all hiding in their homes, making it harder for everyone to go outside and have a life.

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 04/22/2019 1:52 am

Hope is everything. When you cant have any about something, you have to accept it and it is the mostdifficult part in life. For any disfigurement, scars, serious disease etc

Now I really hope treatments will improve in the next 10-20 years (I wont care after) as everybodycould have at least a decent, normalskin. We can just pray about this, and live our life.