Notifications
Clear all

Just had treatment with Dr. Rullan

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 11/28/2018 12:22 pm

Hello all I just had a treatment with Dr. Rullan for some old burn scars that look like box scars and some rolling and scarred pores. He did micro needling, phenol cross, very aggressive subcision, and prf (they used two vials of my blood). Prior to that they had injected me with some salinelidocaine mixture so what's happened is my cheek swelling is going down quick but my right under eye area is very swollen compared to the left and there's a weird bump on the side. Is that going to resolve itself or is that a negative reaction? Also, I formed no scabs (this may be due to the fact that I have keep my skin slathered with a lot of aquaphor). Is it bad if you form no scabs? My normal skin is pink and areas where I had the burn scars are red, raised and angry looking and I still have the swelling obviously.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/29/2018 9:55 am

@charisma786Thank you for your understanding, quite busy answering everyone's PM's and posts, I see you have some concerns with treatment. Did you call Rullan's office for aftercare and to share your concerns. They are good about follow up. Yes it's normal to get lumps after subicison and they should go down with time, you can massage the area gently if you wish. If the bump does not go down, Rullan can correct this. Scabs also heal with time, this is normal . Put a occlusive over the skin if you wish to have quicker healing like Vaseline, honey, biafine, strataderm etc... Use a 50/50 white vinegar and water and pat it on the skin daily, this will make sure the bacteria is killed, don't rub just pat, ... scabs should heal, keep things moist ^. One does not need scabs but they might get them. It will take a few months to see the full effects of what is done, be patients, concealer if you need it. Ice is also good on that swollen area and Vit K. Swelling can take a few weeks to resolve.

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 11/29/2018 11:38 pm

I just had the same treatment except for the PRF and both my eyelids are very swollen, I emailed the office and they said this was normal and ifs happening to both of us its probably just the swelling, mine has gone down in the last 24 hours so I think we just need to be patient.

They also mentioned taking Benadryl and icing the swollen areas.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/30/2018 1:15 am

I had subcision, microneedling, and Phenol CROSS/paint two weeks ago with Dr Rullan as well. Swelling was severe for the first couple of days, but the majority of it went down by the third day. My face, today, still has some slight swelling, but not very noticeable. For me, I scabbedimmediately after treatment in the office, and continued to scab, even after keeping it moist with ointments.

I also had an area of numbness, which has pretty much resolved now.

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 12/01/2018 11:52 pm

My swelling has gone downa lot (day 5) and my eyes and face look normal againand I just got scabs last night (they had told me I might get them later on). I am hydrating my skin like crazy. Are either of you planning on suctioning? Because I had the PRF I don't think I will this time and due to how sensitive my skin is I am a little scared to lol.I will see Dr. Rullan at least twice more and then I am considering concluding things with INFINI RF.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 12/02/2018 9:31 pm

I didn't put aquaphor and I scabbed on both of my subcision, cross, microneedling.

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 12/03/2018 2:48 am

I scabbed friday night and gone by Sunday morning. I am pretty sure he was too conservative with the phenol cross on me lol My skin is almost looking normal. My one cheek looks better than the other where I felt he did more subcision and injected more PRP. I also had mild yellow bruising. The most aggressive treatments he did on me were subcisionand the micro needling and I crusted on my nose, forehead I got nothing, temples nothing and mild scabbing on certain scarred pores on my cheek. I had yellow bruising that's already disappearing fast. My overall skin texture is looking good though so far.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 12/04/2018 8:31 pm

I do agree with you that he isn't very aggressive with phenol cross and too agressive on subcision.

I'll schedule my third subcision next month with him

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 12/06/2018 6:58 pm

I am going to book him maybe early February and then early April but this time with an HA filler as a spacer. I am next considering moving on to Dr. Weiner for infini and maybe sculptra after I do more research because my overall texture bothers me. Laser I think was the biggest mistake I ever did and I did so many I'm amazed my skin didn't experience even more fat loss lol

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 12/08/2018 3:22 pm

On 12/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, Maxzide said:

I do agree with you that he isn't very aggressive with phenol cross and too agressive on subcision.

I'll schedule my third subcision next month with him

I would agree with this as well. I remember after my first subcision, I had areas on my cheek that were so bruised that it turned yellow.

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 12/08/2018 7:44 pm

I healed really quick in a week maybe and I have zero visible bruising anywhere now. I have noticed most people bruise pretty badly.Cautiouslyhopeful did you do subcision with filler or just subcision?

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 12/08/2018 9:24 pm

1 hour ago, charisma786 said:

I healed really quick in a week maybe and I have zero visible bruising anywhere now. I have noticed most people bruise pretty badly.Cautiouslyhopeful did you do subcision with filler or just subcision?

I just did subcision. I will probably look into fillers after my last treatment.

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 12/09/2018 3:36 am

I want to continue with PRF and hold off on fillers as long as I can. I want to see how much of my own collagen builds because on one of my cheeks the subcision worked very well (so far) and the other cheek itdidn't work so well.I also noticed Dr. Rullan injected a lot more PRF on the side that's looking better.

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 12/09/2018 4:14 am

Did you do any suctioning? It helps a lot. Did you notice him missing any scars? This was a huge problem for me with subcision with Dr Rullan

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 12/09/2018 4:29 pm

12 hours ago, AcnePwns said:

Did you do any suctioning? It helps a lot. Did you notice him missing any scars? This was a huge problem for me with subcision with Dr Rullan

Because I have burn scars I don't think it's safe for me to suction. I could have an adverse reaction. With my burn scars they look like normal skin when they're not aggravated but after a treatment say laser or subcision etc they instantly get red and feel hard to the touch for a few days before it subsides softens and matches with the skin again. I will have to stick to PRF for now. I definitely felt he put more effort into one cheek than the other that's why one of my cheeks looks exactly the same and the other one looks like it had treatment done. I will try to emphasize for him to work on the other cheek more next time. I will see Dr. Rullan at least twice more before I head to Florida and visit Dr. Weiner for Infini if needed.