Notifications
Clear all

What type of scars do i have?? And what treatment? (with pictures)

MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/25/2018 4:30 pm

Hello, 

Before i begin to explain my story about acne scars i just wanna inform you guys that English is not my first language French is so sorry for the errors you see here. 

I am 21 years old female, i suffered from hormonal acne since i am 18, i recently got rid of my hormonal acne taking  dietary supplement . I just have two or three pimples before my periods. 

I am having some very bad scars and i am feeling so down recently. I have a really sensitive skin and i think that's the reason i have scars. 

Receiving comments on them made it worse.

I just want to know the best treatment for them to go i understand the fact that they are not going to completely dissappear and i will never have skin like before but i just want them to improve so i do not see them much... 

The fact is that during the day i do not see them at all but at night when i see myself in the mirror i see them and found them really bad... I think that it depends on the lighting. 

I am just gonna share some pictures with you guys i have scars only on my cheeks. 

IMG_20181125_220819.thumb.jpg.407cf6ba971eea0561af0a1b93ea49f8.jpgIMG_20181125_212741.thumb.jpg.8b14b7f7309f8e9b8e8a824ffecb4ebf.jpg

IMG_20181125_212815.jpg

IMG_20181125_222902.jpg

IMG_20181125_222947.jpg

IMG_20181126_020435.jpg

IMG_20181126_021146.jpg

IMG_20181126_124149.jpg

MemberMember
(@brayangonza199)

Posted : 11/25/2018 6:28 pm

Hello! I really can not help you with the scars, I am not an expert, I tell you, I am an 18 year old boy suffering from hormonal acne, watching your publication note that you eliminated yours with dietary supplements, could you do it? great favor to tell me what supplements you took, thank you very much and I know what better. <3

Zaara03 liked
MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/25/2018 7:12 pm

54 minutes ago, BrayanGonza199 said:

Hello! I really can not help you with the scars, I am not an expert, I tell you, I am an 18 year old boy suffering from hormonal acne, watching your publication note that you eliminated yours with dietary supplements, could you do it? great favor to tell me what supplements you took, thank you very much and I know what better. <3

Hello !

Actually i did saw one doctor for my acne who prescribe me some treatment i did take it but it has make my acne worse. Since then i decide that i will not take any medication.

Few months ago i did lots of research about my acne i saw that my pimples were basically on the lower part of my face and really painful . This includes the bottom of my cheeks and around my jawline. Before my periods i got them and since then i realised that i got all the symptoms of hormonal acne. I didn't do any blood sample to see that but for me my acne was hormonal and after lots of research i saw one video of a girl telling us how she got rid of her hormonal acne. In french the dietary supplements is called GATTILIER the full name is Gatillier Vitex agnus-castus. But before you take it i must advise you to ask your dermatologist if it's ok for you to take it and tells you the dosage before that you must be sure that your acne is hormonal.

Since i am taking this dietary supplement i saw that my acne seems to have been stabilised i have few pimples before my periods and even when they came after the periods or in the month the pimples disappears really quickly.

And you start seeing results only after two months. But my acne was never sever it was moderate i think not sure it depends actually sometimes i had lots of pimples like really and sometimes few of them only. I just hope now that it stays the way it is now.

Thank you for your reply!

MemberMember
(@brayangonza199)

Posted : 11/25/2018 7:55 pm

45 minutes ago, Zaara03 said:

a que estoy tomando este suplemento dietetico, vi que mi acne parece haberse estabilizado, tengo pocos granos antes de mis periodos e incluso cuando vinieron despues de los periodos o en el mes los granos desaparec

Thank you for your answer, I will investigate about the product you said, and its active components, since I live in Colombia and I have a hard time getting it, I will also talk to my doctor about the active components, nice night!
MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/26/2018 6:49 am

I also dermarolled my face on 24th with the 0.5 needle so my scars look deeper than the usual

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 11/26/2018 9:30 am

Please don't perform any roller or laser. On your skin it's look like your scars. Are new please wait 1 / 2 years and see if scars still there then you have two choices Tca & co2 laser please don't make your condition worse I have same scars on my cheeks from last 10 months but now I'm seeing result my skin heeling itself my scars got 30% improvement don't try co2 or tca now because your scars are at their starting position

Zaara03 liked
MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/26/2018 10:04 am

28 minutes ago, Altaf raja said:

Please don't perform any roller or laser. On your skin it's look like your scars. Are new please wait 1 / 2 years and see if scars still there then you have two choices Tca & co2 laser please don't make your condition worse I have same scars on my cheeks from last 10 months but now I'm seeing result my skin heeling itself my scars got 30% improvement don't try co2 or tca now because your scars are at their starting position

Hello!

Thanks for you reply.

Actually it was the first time i dermarolled my face. I have been having these scars for almost 1 year now. I start noticing them in January-February 2018. Since then its really depressing me and when someone makes a comment on them it makes me feel awful. I don't know what to do about them now

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/26/2018 10:37 am

@Zaara03These are not scars. I see PIE or redness which is wounding post acne. It can last well over a year. You need picosure or vascular laser for this. There are other at home treatments in the FAQ - under PIE section.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

Zaara03 liked
MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/26/2018 11:01 am

26 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@Zaara03 These are not scars. I see PIE or redness which is wounding post acne. It can last well over a year. You need picosure or vascular laser for this. There are other at home treatments in the FAQ - under PIE section. I also see some icepicks, but the pics are not very clear and hard to see, for icepicks you do TCA Cross. That is good at home treatments are microneedling / dermarolling and peels that help with redness like Glycolic Acid or Mandelic Acid. 

The biggest thing that can help you is really vascular laser as you have red PIE all over the face. 

Hello! Thank you really much for your reply! 

Are you sure that these are not scars?? 

I am going to search some doctors who can do the vascular laser or picosure in Paris. 

I am gonna upload more Pictures so you can see my scars clearly. 

IMG_20181126_165804.jpg

IMG_20181126_165743.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/26/2018 11:21 am

@Zaara03Thanks for those, as I said above I was not sure because they were not clear 😉 Definitely box cars and icepicks there. But I see a problem you have active acne currently. This has to be under control before you treat or you can spread bacteria and make things worse. A big issue as I said above is PIE or wounding post acne - redness. Vascular laser especially picosure as you have a ethic skin type.

For your icepicks several rounds of tca cross and some of the smaller box cars as well.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

Zaara03 liked
MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/26/2018 11:28 am

Yes i have few pimples like i said before periods i have some pimples. How do i know that my acne is under control? Actually i am actually taking a dietary complements for hormonal acne and i think my skin is pretty clear except some pimples.

Can you please tell me what should i begin with? The tca cross? How much time?

I tried the dermaroller this weekend. How much time should i do it?

For my skin to completely heal i have to do all the treatments?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/26/2018 11:39 am

@Zaara03

Use topicals as well on the pimples. Try a sulfur wash or salicylic acid.See the FAQ - first post of the scar treatments sub and watch the hormonal acne video towards the top.

Since you seem to want to do things at home do the microneedling and you can either do TCA Cross, or have someone else do it. Having someone do a few sessions of that is probably best as it takes some skill. The guide is in the FAQ- tca section, and the mega link for acid peel stuff.

Move on from there to the energy devices if you need in time or just keep doing at home stuff and tca cross, with perhaps some acid peels as well ex. Glycolic.

At home treatments like microneedling at mild peels you can do 1 month apart. Dr treatments make sure they are 3 months apart, we heal exceptionally slow and Drs push things to soon with mega treatments. TCA Cross you can go a month and a half or more, depends if the area was treated previously and healed fully or a new spot you can just treat.

Dermaroller you do once a month.

No did you read my response""Everything is optional, 3 months between all treatments, takes many 3 years to treat fully,treat as you have time and money.Use retin-a/tretinorin/differin nightly with a konjac/arbutin/licoroice cream.You can dermastamp the box cars at home if you wish in between Dr treatments."

MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/26/2018 5:48 pm

19 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Zaara03

Use topicals as well on the pimples. Try a sulfur wash or salicylic acid.See the FAQ - first post of the scar treatments sub and watch the hormonal acne video towards the top.

Since you seem to want to do things at home do the microneedling and you can either do TCA Cross, or have someone else do it. Having someone do a few sessions of that is probably best as it takes some skill. The guide is in the FAQ- tca section, and the mega link for acid peel stuff.

Move on from there to the energy devices if you need in time or just keep doing at home stuff and tca cross, with perhaps some acid peels as well ex. Glycolic.

At home treatments like microneedling at mild peels you can do 1 month apart. Dr treatments make sure they are 3 months apart, we heal exceptionally slow and Drs push things to soon with mega treatments. TCA Cross you can go a month and a half or more, depends if the area was treated previously and healed fully or a new spot you can just treat.

Dermaroller you do once a month.

No did you read my response""Everything is optional, 3 months between all treatments, takes many 3 years to treat fully,treat as you have time and money.Use retin-a/tretinorin/differin nightly with a konjac/arbutin/licoroice cream.You can dermastamp the box cars at home if you wish in between Dr treatments."

Hey.. Thank you so much for the help.. Treating post acne scars at home is not one of my condition, i'd like to know what exactly my skin needs of at the moment. Also could you suggest me some topicals, not familiar with this. One more thing, what's the difference between microneedling and dermarolling? Thinking to use a salicylic wash.. Glycolic acid serum.. Which active ingredient should i use in my moisturizer? Would an azelaic acid one be good? If not what would suit my condition better?

20 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Zaara03These are not scars. I see PIE or redness which is wounding post acne. It can last well over a year. You need picosure or vascular laser for this. There are other at home treatments in the FAQ - under PIE section. I also see some icepicks, but the pics are not very clear and hard to see, for icepicks you do TCA Cross. That is good at home treatments are microneedling / dermarolling and peels that help with redness like Glycolic Acid or Mandelic Acid.

The biggest thing that can help you is really vascular laser as you have red PIE all over the face.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/27/2018 9:54 am

@Zaara03I would suggest you goto a board certified dermatologist and get treatment with someone familiar with acne scars. I gave you a full plan above. Use a topical zit treatment like BP(acne.org sells one, or anywhere really), or a sulfur wash. It is my opinion your acne is not under control. I have videos in the FAQ on how to do this, first post in the scar treatments sub under acne causes. You don't have a active ingredient in a moisturizer, just something that does not cause you to break out or irriate your skin something for sensitive skin. Sunscreen is more important than a bunch of actives. I said to use retin-a/differin/tretinorin with lightening ingredients above nightly.

There is no cream that will fix scars.You can do peels and dermastamping at home but you will not get the same percentage of improvement as Dr's treatments. Start with at home stuff peels and microneedling, then move on to tca cross which is not the expensive.

Microneedling, dermarolling, and stamping are basically the same, look at the FAQ under the microneedling section.Dermastamping or Derminator is more effective than microneedling in my opinion.

I cannot tell you topicals that will suit your condition everyone is different and can handle different things, I do know keep it as simple as possible for sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@zaara03)

Posted : 11/29/2018 7:21 pm

On 11/27/2018 at 3:54 PM, beautifulambition said:

@Zaara03I would suggest you goto a board certified dermatologist and get treatment with someone familiar with acne scars. I gave you a full plan above. Use a topical zit treatment like BP(acne.org sells one, or anywhere really), or a sulfur wash. It is my opinion your acne is not under control. I have videos in the FAQ on how to do this, first post in the scar treatments sub under acne causes. You don't have a active ingredient in a moisturizer, just something that does not cause you to break out or irriate your skin something for sensitive skin. Sunscreen is more important than a bunch of actives. I said to use retin-a/differin/tretinorin with lightening ingredients above nightly.

There is no cream that will fix scars.You can do peels and dermastamping at home but you will not get the same percentage of improvement as Dr's treatments. Start with at home stuff peels and microneedling, then move on to tca cross which is not the expensive.

Microneedling, dermarolling, and stamping are basically the same, look at the FAQ under the microneedling section.Dermastamping or Derminator is more effective than microneedling in my opinion.

I cannot tell you topicals that will suit your condition everyone is different and can handle different things, I do know keep it as simple as possible for sensitive skin.

Hello,

I did read all your suggestions about acne scars. I just have one last quesiton.

I have an asian skin so tca cross will not cause any hyperpigmentation?

Thank you so much for answering all my questions.

Respectfully.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/30/2018 7:25 am

@Zaara03Most things in Asian skin can cause hyperpigmentation, hence why I said above to use nightly retin-a/tretinorin/diferin and a cream with konjac, licorice, arbutinwhich is called a whitening cream. Stop when you have treatments and use again once your healed. For many they get Picosure or vascular laser once the treatments are done for the hyperpigmentation, ... in order to get results you have to put up with a bit of PIE. Concealer and Sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@codysartony)

Posted : 01/21/2019 10:26 am

I use sulfur ointment and it helps me