Notifications
Clear all

Rough, bumpy, leathery forehead texture

MemberMember
(@skincare1998)

Posted : 11/24/2018 8:57 am

One day I woke up with these small forehead bumps all over my forehead, my temples and all the way up until my hairline. I have no idea what to do. I have tried almost everything in the past two months. Anti-dandruff shampoo (severely dried out my skin and didn't improve the bumps), cetaphil gentle skin cleanser paired with a lightweight oil-free moisturizer, the Kiehl's line (midnight recovery, Calendula toner, etc) manual and chemical exfoliating products (ie peter thomas roth glycolic acid pads), aloe vera, charcoal masks like glamglow (just irritated my skin and gave me worse texture) etc. NOTHING is working on these stubborn bumps and texture!!

The rest of my face has a smooth, normal texture and then my forehead is completely different. It frustrates me so much, I am so self conscious everyday, when I talk to people all I can think about is how whether they'll notice my bumpy forehead. I wake up every morning hoping to look in the mirror and see a change and I have noticed zero improvement. 

I eat very clean (high vegetable and water intake, no dairy, no fried food) so my diet cannot be the issue because it never was in the past and I haven't recently added or taken away any food item. 

I ordered the Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid exfoliant. I also ordered BELIF aqua bomb face cream. I've used the Paula's Choice for two nights so far, I'm sure too early to tell if its working although I've read people have noticed improvements within just a few days using this product. These are the two products I will be using for the next little while. Please, can anyone offer any advice? I am so desperate and I know my skin isn't "bad" but its just not my natural texture and I'm afraid I'll never be able to get rid of it because its not a pimple that will just pop, I know texture can last...

IMG_2291.jpeg

IMG_2293.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/25/2018 6:52 pm

have you read about milia andfolliculitis?

MemberMember
(@skincare1998)

Posted : 11/25/2018 8:54 pm

Briefly, is there something I should know?

2 hours ago, MrBakery said:

have you read about milia andfolliculitis?

Briefly,is there something I should know?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/26/2018 5:41 pm

normally this problem is either milia or folliculitis and is quite common.

MemberMember
(@skincare1998)

Posted : 11/30/2018 10:32 am

what can be done about it?

MemberMember
(@raspypinworm)

Posted : 02/16/2019 11:42 pm

I have the same problem...and i think its subclinical acne...can't be milia..either subclinical acne or fungal infection..is your forehead oily?

MemberMember
(@mochoco)

Posted : 06/16/2021 11:32 pm

This looks like over exfoliated skin.