Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
discourge

What is the optimal treatment for these scars? (Pictures provided)

As well as rolling scars and boxcar scars I have similar to this just way larger.....what treatments do you recommend?  I think it is very hard to cure....TM

acne.jpg

I have tried everything from lasers, fillers (many of them), needling(infini and dermapen), excision, dermal/punch grafts etc with no results at all....I am soon 43 years old and am seriously thinking of a facelift with fat grafts/transfers?  any recommendations/opinions....is very frustrating.....

Original poster... you’ve got one scar of any sort of significance.. otherwisejust enlarged pores on nose and some shallow ice picks/enlarged pores on cheek.

i would maybe advise TCa cross on the one scar... But you are really in the category where the risk/return of doing anything is questionable. Your skin is good dude...

39 minutes ago, kman101 said:

Original poster... you’ve got one scar of any sort of significance.. otherwisejust enlarged pores on nose and some shallow ice picks/enlarged pores on cheek.

i would maybe advise TCa cross on the one scar... But you are really in the category where the risk/return of doing anything is questionable. Your skin is good dude...

Any scenario with bad lighting exposes the poor hygiene I had in the past, like I’m very camera shy and have trouble making eye contact in close quarters. I know I have less severe scarring except for parts of the nose, but the shallow icepick and enlarged pores are typically easier to treat? And if so, would ablative or non-ablative laser be optimal for improving them? Will microneedling worsten the skin in my case? 

I know things could be worse, but that shouldn’t disqualify any methods of treatment if I am seeking them. I just want to make these investments towards myself while still in my 20’s. It would help to see improvements and if I can minimize the risks by being more informed then why not right? Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

Edited by discourge

Kwan thanks for the the nice comments but I definitely have rather severe scarring as I also have significant rolling scars......So do you suggest ruling out a facelift with fat transfer to make it more even at 43 y.o?

Fat transfer will help a lot but it won't last. I had it once and it was amazing for two years. 

One of my docs told me not to bother with surface treatments and just get more fat.

Maybe at my age (55) it is unrealistic to expect much in the way of scar revision via enhanced collagen production.  I still have hope, though--that thing with feathers, according to Emily Dickinson.

I am a bit confused with whats happening is discourage tryinghard123... Otherwise why don't they have separate posts. 

@discourge Needs TCA Cross for the nose scar and co2 laser, see a professional.

@tryinghard123 You do not need a facelift, facelifts do nothing for acne scars. They are for excess skin. you have no excess skin in the picture. You have severe rolling scars. Get 4 sessions of subcision with a vial or 2 of Sculptra for widespread cheek injection and a HA filler Voluma for any deeper individual pits (This is not done in the same session). If you want something permanent then get Bellafill on your last session of subcision, do not do this first, you may hate it and have side effects, start slow with HA to get your own natural collagen from subcision. I would never suggest fat grafting, might as well get filler with the length it lasts and the cost being so expensive. 

You also need several sessions of rf needling and perhaps 3-7% density co2 at the highest power to soften the scars and encourage collagen.

Once you raise everything up with enough volume (filler), then you do several tca peels or a fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

Treat as you have time and money, everything is optional, 3 months between all Dr treatments regardless of what they say, use tretinorin/diffeirn/retin-a nightly for cell turnover.

Botox at 40 will also help you. 

You have red skin so vascular laser will help with this.