Notifications
Clear all

Hypnosis and positive affirmations for acne

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 11/17/2018 4:17 am

Hello everyone,

I think I have tried everything against acne and nothing seems to work yet. I just noticed I have more acne when I am stressed, having anxiety

I would like to know if someone ever managed to control his acne and prevent scarring with hypnosis, meditation, positive affirmations..
If you dont look in the mirror for one week do you have less acne ? when you think your face is fine, does it heal acne ?
I am wondering if it could works

thank you

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/17/2018 1:46 pm

9 hours ago, Lookforhope said:

Hello everyone,

I think I have tried everything against acne and nothing seems to work yet. I just noticed I have more acne when I am stressed, having anxiety

I would like to know if someone ever managed to control his acne and prevent scarring with hypnosis, meditation, positive affirmations..
If you dont look in the mirror for one week do you have less acne ? when you think your face is fine, does it heal acne ?
I am wondering if it could works

thank you

I guess it's a downward spiral, You have a breakout, you try and treat that breakout by picking and/or over-washing using harsh soaps and creams, things get worse and worse.. when the best thing would be to do is break the cycle and let your skin heal. ( personally I think less is more when treating acne)

- i've read meditation/mindfulness can help with stress and remove negative thoughts. most books on depression/ anxiety have good advice on positive thinking.

- im not sure but hypnosis may be good if you want to change your diet to inprove your acne? (ie kick a sugar habbit) or stop a compulsive skin picking problem? - from what i understand, hypnosis when done correctly, it does work.

regarding avoiding mirrors/picking etc, there is something ive tried and others highly recommend, which is the caveman regimen. - itbasically involves not washing, picking or using any creams on your skin. the caveman regimenis a good way to see if your causing or exacerbating your acne problem - In my experience it works but it takes strong discipline. do a acne.org forum search.

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 11/17/2018 2:34 pm

45 minutes ago, MrBakery said:
I guess it's a downward spiral, You have a breakout, you try and treat that breakout by picking and/or over-washing using harsh soaps and creams, things get worse and worse.. when the best thing would be to do is break the cycle and let your skin heal. ( personally I think less is more when treating acne)

- i've read meditation/mindfulness can help with stress and remove negative thoughts. most books on depression/ anxiety have good advice on positive thinking.

- im not sure but hypnosis may be good if you want to change your diet to inprove your acne? (ie kick a sugar habbit) or stop a compulsive skin picking problem? - from what i understand, hypnosis when done correctly, it does work.

regarding avoiding mirrors/picking etc, there is something ive tried and others highly recommend, which is the caveman regimen. - itbasically involves not washing, picking or using any creams on your skin. the caveman regimenis a good way to see if your causing or exacerbating your acne problem - In my experience it works but it takes strong discipline. do a acne.org forum search.

Hello,
i am actually talking about the mental power only. About diet, I already cut sugar, gluten and dairy. I dont put anything to my face also

I am wondering if you dont look at your face and imagine it is perfect during several days, it can help your acne.

I am going to try it tomorrow and ill update here my results

MemberMember
(@lifelover)

Posted : 11/19/2018 4:57 am

I too am curious about this. I have absolutely terrible acne and the fact that all I do is pick at it and obsess over looking in the mirror at it, probably doesn't help at all. Please do update your results. It might inspire me to leave it alone and avoid mirrors all together. It take strong discipline.

MemberMember
(@lookforhope)

Posted : 11/19/2018 10:30 am

So day 1 : I didnt bring my personal mirror at work today (big step)

It is actually very difficult to avoid mirror

I failed a lot today by looking in the bathroom, phone mirror

Tomorrow will be better

Moreover, I am trying to listen anhypnosis video on YouTube for clear skin. A woman allows me to be very relax and I imagine that I go on a powerful energy, on a beach where my skin is regenerating, getting better thanks to the sea...

My goal is to imagine that I have a beautiful skin all day not just for 20 min it will be more effective.

Lots of people say that it is actually working because YOU create regeneration on your skin with the power of MIND. I thinkthat you have to believe in hypnosis too !

I honk it could work like placebo effect or something like that

Ill keep updating !

lifelover liked