Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daveguy

Getting rid of redness/irritation

The regimen was a bit much for my face, perhaps b/c I got into it too fast.

So I backed off and took some days off completely.... Lately I've been using a *small* amount of BP 2.5% once a day and moisturizing twice a day.

But my face still looks all red!! Especially my cheeks.

The moisturizer does not seem to help. Isn't there some kind of "anti-irritation" stuff we can put on our faces??

Dave Guy

The only anti-irritation stuff I know of is hydrocortisone cream, which is not supposed to be applied to a large area or on a daily basis. I think you should either stop completely or continue once a day until your skin calms down and then gradually increase the amount of bp you apply.

The only anti-irritation stuff I know of is hydrocortisone cream, which is not supposed to be applied to a large area or on a daily basis. I think you should either stop completely or continue once a day until your skin calms down and then gradually increase the amount of bp you apply.

I'd be very careful with hydrocortisone cream. It has side-effects which may include causing break outs...if you were going to use it, only use a thin layer...

did it feel like your skin was bloated and buring?

that happened to me...too much bp, dammit!

my solution? = few days of less bp + more moisturizer

Aloe! Great... should I just get an aloe plant? [i think the aloe creams in the store will just make me break out.]

Thanks to all of you for the fast and helpful replies!!

yeah, I tried aloe from the store and it made my face burn even though it claimed to be 100% aloe vera.

When I was first starting I had the same problem. I used a watered-down vinegar splash on my skin, and it helped TONS. Hang in there!

When I was first starting I had the same problem. I used a watered-down vinegar splash on my skin, and it helped TONS. Hang in there!