Notifications
Clear all

Looking for empathy

MemberMember
(@lollastewart)

Posted : 11/12/2018 5:17 pm

So, I'm going to my thirties soon and I'd love to look at the mirror and see the confident woman I used to be when I didn't have to deal with both acne AND scarring AND more acne. These last five years were the worse. Adult acne ruined my confidence and, ultimately, my whole sense of identity is somewhat broken. Glad there is this community and that there is hope, even though quite expensively for my current budget. I'm unemployed and only have enough savings to start fixing this mess!
I have had a horrible year so far. Stress reflected really bad on my skin. I just want to hide and sleep all time until I find a solution. I have no more friends because I became an isolated, sad person. I just would like to say that, well, I am here if you need to vent about acne. I have this issue since early teens and just now looking for treatment.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 11/12/2018 7:56 pm

I usually don't get shocked or repulsed or anything whenever I see someone who has acne in public. I might notice...but I don't react strongly emotionally. It's kind of like "Hey, this person has acne" and then that's all I think. There's no "Ewww!" or anything.

Once or twice I've come across a person with "bad" acne where they had acne which actually took away somewhat from their looks. In those cases I'd wonder how they were dealing with it, psychologically but I'd never bring it up in a conversation with someone in that situation.

MemberMember
(@david-martin)

Posted : 11/21/2018 9:48 am

I might not be in your shoes, however, do remember that acne does not reflect who you are. It does not reflect on your values nor your character. Everyone has their own flaws which might be seen or hidden, however do not let your flaws get over you. It might be a hard period to get through, but I believe you can. Accept that acnes are part of you, and theoritically no one would ever want it. However, thats nature, we cant control it, but we can make it better through certain acnes treatment and etcs. Trust me, you will get over it in a matter of time. Best of luck, and remember that I will be tracking this post, hence speak out to us, we are all here to help one another! Cheer up!

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/23/2018 9:30 am

On 11/12/2018 at 10:17 PM, lollastewart said:

Adult acne ruined my confidence and, ultimately, my whole sense of identity is somewhat broken

ive thought about this quite a bit and i dont think its the acne which makes us unhappy, its people.

people with acne tend to get mocked and ridiculed and when its gone on for 10,15 or moreyears, we just switch off and avoid people.

what im saying is..your not a lone