Notifications
Clear all

Female Hormonal Acne - Oily/Flaky Skin

MemberMember
(@norm5)

Posted : 11/05/2018 9:22 pm

A little background about me:
I have had acne since 3rd or 4th grade, in high school I found out I was celiac, and that helped a lot. After high school I got my wisdom teeth out and and had to take an antibiotic which exploded my skin. I took medication for my acne, which was great, but it gave me period cramps so bad that I would throw up every month. DID NOT WANT TO LIVE LIKE THAT, so I stopped taking it. I was on a mostly vegan with some fish diet with lots of plant-based vitamin A, which worked to clear up MOST of my acne naturally. That was Spring 2018, but I still have acne on my chin and somewhat on my jawline. (Pretty sure this is due to hormones)
I have been working to reduce toxins in my life. I have almost cramp-free periods (unless I have too much sugar during) My acne is significantly better! But... I still have new zits every day.
Currently I am on a low-carb diet. (I probably eat too many walnuts.) I see improvements when I get at least 6 servings of vegetables. I have also limited my fruit intake, eliminated grains (considering adding quinoa back in), and I cut out dairy. & I am soy intolerant, so I avoid that. Most of my carbs come from sweet potatoes and berries, sometimes green apples, and of course vegetables.
My skin is oily, yet also flaky where I have acne.
I feel the least anxiety that I have felt in years.
Something I have observed:
My skin clears up when I visit the Blue Ridge Mountain region. I will also still eat what I want, yet my skin still improves! I normally live in Florida, and I have actually begun washing my face with filtered water (if I wash my face).
Note: when I am in the mountains I continue to maintain a gluten free and mostly soy-free diet. I will sometimes eat dairy, even some sugar.

MemberMember
(@mahkprz)

Posted : 12/01/2018 12:56 am

Can you elaborate on what you did naturally to rid cystic acne?