Acne.org
HappyAndHarmless

Zerocarb diet cured my chronic folliculitis

Posted (edited)

I have visited this forum intermittently over the course of 4 years, during which I had suffered from chronic folliculitis (like this guy but much worse) originally triggered by overuse of minocycline. 

Things I tried:

• BP regime. Seemed to help in the beginning, but gave me seborrheic dermatitis and enabled folliculitis to spread to the scalp. Following the acne.org regime was my 2nd mistake!
  • More antibiotics; works for 1-3 months only.
  • Accutane. Helps, but comes back after.
  • Fecal Transplant. Did thrice, and after 4 weeks skin became 99% clear - but only lasted for a month (looks like I needed to do this for long time?)
  • Raw milk diet (made it 3x worse)
  • Eating nothing but meat and water (the zerocarb diet): 95% clearance!

I consider the last thing to be the "cure". I've been on this diet for over a year, and every time I cheat my folliculitis comes back (sometimes in vengeance). Eating nothing but meat and water (exclude all diary) cures many other ailments as well. Check out http://meatheals.com/ 

The remaining 5% is probably due to my coffee consumption, which I've cut out recently, and I seem to be getting closer to 100% clearance. 

I never posted here, but today decided to post my story here in case if it helps others ....

If you want to try this cure, you should stick to it for at least 30 days and avoid all forms of diary (use lard or duck fat or any animal fat in place of butter or plant oils). For details, see this blog post.
  Edited by Control Panel
Removed hyperlink - no blog links

Posted

I did hear that it works for some Acne forms as well. For me cutting out sugar only helped with pore size and oiliness of skin, but not acne. But cutting out sugar is never a bad thing.

Posted

That is not a cure - it's masking the symptoms or managing them. It is not realistic to maintain. 

Posted

hmm, there is really no such thing as zero carb diet, only if you eat avocados and pure fat. Broccoli, cauliflower, kale, sweet potato, carrots, meat all have carbs : ) 

But great to see that diet change has helped with your skin, that's what I do with my clients : ) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzjEJIYPkrU

Posted
On 12/6/2018 at 4:14 PM, retsroberts said:

hmm, there is really no such thing as zero carb diet, only if you eat avocados and pure fat. Broccoli, cauliflower, kale, sweet potato, carrots, meat all have carbs : ) 

But great to see that diet change has helped with your skin, that's what I do with my clients : ) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzjEJIYPkrU

What are you talking about? Avocados still got plenty of carbs. A true zero carb diet consists of meat and organs.