Notifications
Clear all

Health problems due to vitamins?

MemberMember
(@andrewmickelson)

Posted : 10/28/2018 1:52 pm

Hello. I was taking 14 different vitamin pills for acne and skin for over one year period, including Vitamin A, B6, zinc, selenium, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and others.
Lately, I started feeling muscles cramps, weakness in whole body and fatigue. Acne has CLEARED COMPLETELY.
I also eliminated: Soy, diary, gluten, sweets, oil of any type(cooking without oil)and eating only fruits, vegetables, legumes, chicken and fish. Drinking only tea and water, however above symptoms I started to feel lately. Could these symptoms be due to long term intake of those vitamin pills? Should I stop taking them daily at all? Are they damaging my overall health? I am scared if I stop taking those vitamin supplements, that my acne will return shortly after stopping them. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 11/14/2018 6:18 pm

Can you list everything you take?

Vitamin A in retinol form is dangerous to take in high doses.

High Zinc reduces Magnesium, which could be causing the muscle cramps. Every vitamin affects others... would recommend taking a multi if intaking that many single vitamins, since they have complex, interactive effects. B vitamins should always be taken as a complex and not in isolation unless supplementing B12 as a vegan/vegetarian.

MemberMember
(@andrewmickelson)

Posted : 11/15/2018 12:28 pm

I took Vitamin A Retinol for about 1 year and 7 months, a 50.000 IU pill daily. Also, 55 mg zinc daily. Everything daily for 1 year and 7 months now.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/18/2018 12:32 pm

how many of those vitamins were you taking above the recommended dailyintake?

MemberMember
(@andrewmickelson)

Posted : 11/21/2018 10:41 am

I already wrote that above! Vitamin A retinol 50.000 IU a pill daily for 1 year and 7 months. And zinc 55 mg daily. This were the highest vitamin intake I took. The rest of them, just normal amounts.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/21/2018 2:17 pm

3 hours ago, AndrewMickelson said:

I already wrote that above! Vitamin A retinol 50.000 IU a pill daily for 1 year and 7 months. And zinc 55 mg daily. This were the highest vitamin intake I took. The rest of them, just normal amounts.

why did you take above the recommended daily intake? even a basic google search will tell you vitamin A and zinc both have side effects.

talk to a doctor.

MemberMember
(@andrewmickelson)

Posted : 11/22/2018 4:54 am

I will talk to a doctor, I took them to get rid of the acne, lol.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 11/30/2018 9:01 am

Definitely speak to a doctor and stop taking the vitamins immediately until after.

It is dangerous to take more than 10,000IU a day of Vitamin A long-term;in animal form especially.

You should also keep zinc under 30mg for long-term use.

Check journal articles for these.

Pleaseread up on formsof vitamins and safety before self-supplementing, as taking individual vitamins can also cause or mask deficiencies in others.