Notifications
Clear all

Is the current acne.org moisteriser the old or new formulation?

MemberMember
(@491011_1443953549)

Posted : 10/27/2018 6:40 pm

I've just added the acne.org moisteriser to my sons routine (he has been using the cleanser and treatment for 4 weeks, but a different moisteriser) but after reading the reviews I'm really worried that he is going to react badly to it. Many people on the reviews mentioned that the formulation was changed at some point and said the old formulation was better....so is the current one the new formulation or did it ever get changed back to the old one?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 11/03/2018 10:22 am

Our original Moisturizer was white, but we switched to a new formula for our Moisturizer in September of 2010 to make it even better than before. Here's a small FAQ that Dan wrote up for people that are trying the new formula for the first time:

Why is it yellow?

The yellow color comes from the addition of licochalcone, a highly distilled and potent licorice root extract well known for its powerful soothing effects on the skin, which we also use in our AHA+. This new coloration is completely normal.
Be sure to let the moisturizer dry before you put on white or very light colored clothing. Once it is dry it will not stain.

Do I apply it the same way as the old moisturizer?

No. It takes about twice the amount of moisturizer as before. Please make sure you are using at least 3 pumps.

Heres why:

While the old moisturizer was the best one available at the time, it was not perfect. Most notably, we used a high percentage of glycerin in the old moisturizer. Glycerin is extremely moisturizing and this is why such a small amount was needed. However, at high percentages glycerin can cause some stinging and tackiness in some users. To rectify this, we switched to methyl gluceth-20, a derivative of glycerin, in our new moisturizer formula. Methyl gluceth-20 provides the same moisturizing benefits of glycerin without any sting or tacky feeling. This switch means the moisturizer now needs to be used in similar amounts to most moisturizers.

Take the time to very gently massage the moisturizer into your skin. It may take a bit longer than it took with the old moisturizer. Stay patient and be gentle.

We are confident that this new formula is the best moisturizer on the market for people with acne-prone skin. Used precisely as directed within the Regimen, and it should help your son achieve clearskin.

MemberMember
(@edifiedbud)

Posted : 11/28/2018 1:32 pm

My moisturizer just ran out and I thought I had another one but instead I have the AHA. Is there a substitute moisturizer that I could use alongside the glycolic acid as I wait for my acne.org mositurizer?