Notifications
Clear all

Calling It Quits

MemberMember
(@enrichedlice)

Posted : 10/25/2018 8:42 am

So Im thinking about calling it quits on the regimen. Ive been using it a little over a month. I know most people say give it at least three months but I cannot stand the irritation anymore! The face wash dries me out, the BP, I believe Ive gotten used to but I had to stop using it on my cheeks as it made them extremely dry and leathery and peel like crazy, and the moisturizer is gross. I dont even feel like it really absorbs into my skin but just sits there as a dry layer of whatever. Irecently added the AHA to my regimen and that just irritated me more.

I have followed the regim steps to a T and suffered through the burning and itching because it was part of the process but its just too aggravating to my skin and Im reaching a breaking point!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/27/2018 10:42 am

Hi EnrichedLice,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Dryness and irritation is a common side effect of The Regimen but it does go away within a few weeks.

Our best advice is that you stop using the Treatment temporarily until your skin goes back to normal. Once your skin is calm begin using all three products but start SLOWLY using only a very small pea sized amount of Acne.org Treatment only once per day for a full week. By week two you may start applying the pea sized amount twice a day. In week three you can begin increasing the dose SLOWLY and by the end of week four you should be using the full 4ML dose of Acne.org Treatment.

If you are using only the Acne.org products and following the instructions exactly and you still have dry flaky skin. You can do two things.

1. Use more Acne.org Moisturizer (you cant use too much). Feel free to apply it through the day as needed to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
2. Add 5-6 drops of Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil into the palm of your hand and mix it with the Acne.org

Moisturizer before applying it each morning. At night you can add even more (as many drops as you want).
The Acne.org Moisturizer is designed to calm and heal the skin and return it to its natural balance. The Acne.org Jojoba oil is almost identical to the natural oils of the skin. By using both of these products in conjunction on a daily basis you should see calmer, more hydrated healthier looking skin very soon.