Notifications
Clear all

Nose scars... could these get better?

MemberMember
(@breezepraise)

Posted : 10/24/2018 7:10 pm

CE65FFFC-B5E2-4481-ACD6-72ADB4F0B051.thumb.png.c32746f822eb84e6a2c4b7ac329f4704.pngD36729DF-48C4-490F-AD30-447BCEDCAC24.thumb.png.abf3d5b4276751bf3c932c5fe607c0a0.png

Hello everyone, first ever post here. 
I™ve got these really bad scars from the series of cystic acne I had back when I was 9-13 yo. Some of these scars are from the dermatologist who made incisions to remove the cysts. 

Throughout the years I think they have become worse with aging and excess sebum. To prevent further damage, I™ve started trying dermarolling (0.75mm for starters) recently once every 4-6 weeks. 

I™m thinking about TCA cross for these scars, or is it a bad idea? 

Thanks a lot for your input! :) 

MemberMember
(@lems)

Posted : 10/24/2018 8:40 pm

I have the same scars as you. I went to a derm and they suggested microneedling and tca cross. I did one session of microneedling and tca so far. my nose does look a lot smoother after week 3 post microneedling but it's hard to tell if it's from me moisturizing more. the tca treatment was the hardest to go through. the recovery is a lot longer and more unsightly. It was 100% tca and looking at the horror stories really made my anxiety go up

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/25/2018 2:44 am

@BreezePraiseHi these scars are really not that bad, shallow. Definitely not worth messing with the cost of doing treatments like Fraxel 1927nm/co2 laser and erbium. I can see tca cross making them bigger an they are not that deep to begin with.

I don't see microneedling helping a lot with this.

If you do decide to do tca cross goto a expert and don't do this at home.

@Obi wanPerhaps Obi has some other ideas. Looks like he wants to DIY-home scarred pores on the nose.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/28/2018 2:52 pm

TCA CROSS is a medical procedure, and like any medical procedure it may fail, or even make pores - scars worse- even in the best hands. I think that using a 0.75 needle (rolling) every 3-4 weeks for 4 months is a SAFE start. If you are looking for improvement, meaning serious improvement without any BS, Co2 fractional laser (the correct laser in the correct hands), will give you a huge improvement with 3-4 sessions. If you are time pressured and can deal with skin colour changes for a few months, erbium ablative one session.
Do not try CROSS at high concentrations at home, - like I said, even in the best hands this has a failure rate and can make scars worse. Stay safe.