Notifications
Clear all

100% TCA applied as test spot. Is this okay?

MemberMember
(@lems)

Posted : 10/21/2018 2:30 pm

nose1.png.912e3108cc961d6ff6ce5f415fad96f5.pngThis was done by a dermatologist and it was supposed to be a small test spot(tca cross) to address some scars on my nose but for some reason it's effecting a huge part of my skin. I think what happened was when water was applied by q-tip, it must have bled out to the area around it? dunno. This is about day 3. The scab is starting to form. Looks horrendous and I am having anxiety over this.

the white you see in the photo is lotion I just put on

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 10/21/2018 9:33 pm

I wish your doctor would have done the test spot in a less conspicuous location and with a lower %. This seems aggressive. When I had this done recently, I was anxious too. The spot looked bigger and worse before it went back to looking normal again. It will probably be fine, but given how strong of a peel it will take time to heal up. In the future I would not do such a high percentage on the nose.
Please keep the area moisturized, do not let water in the shower run on your face (keep that scab on as long as possible) and try to not stress too much. More info can be found on this forum. Hopefully some more experienced TCA Cross users will chime in. Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/21/2018 9:41 pm

@lemsyou should be ok. Please occlude with vaseline, aquaphor, biaphine, or a la roche laser product. A wet wound is a happy wound. Do this for 2 weeks. Do not pick the scab or put it under the shower (splash instead). Clean with vinegar pats 50/50 water to white vinegar and pat don't scrub. No exfoliants chemical cosmetics or scrubbing.

You can put concealer on it once it's healed a bit more. The red will linger for a few weeks.

I agree this was a bit much 100% for a test spot on the nose with that much spread. Perhaps see another Dr for another opinion.

MemberMember
(@lems)

Posted : 10/21/2018 11:19 pm

1 hour ago, okmichelle said:

I wish your doctor would have done the test spot in a less conspicuous location and with a lower %. This seems aggressive. When I had this done recently, I was anxious too. The spot looked bigger and worse before it went back to looking normal again. It will probably be fine, but given how strong of a peel it will take time to heal up. In the future I would not do such a high percentage on the nose.
Please keep the area moisturized, do not let water in the shower run on your face (keep that scab on as long as possible) and try to not stress too much. More info can be found on this forum. Hopefully some more experienced TCA Cross users will chime in. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the replies guys. And yes. The first day and a half weren't too bad. Just seemed like I popped a pimple. It ballooned into this beauty pretty quick by day 3. Also thanks for the shower tip... I didn't know that

MemberMember
(@lems)

Posted : 10/22/2018 7:03 pm

nose2.png.357b9b1689161c8a300061f93ac314b9.png

Hello everyone. since I found a lot of the old posts on this board helpful, I wanted to continue documenting my healing process in case someone in the future stumbled onto a similar issue as me. This is day 4 and I woke up looking like the image I posted. As you can see, more of a scab is appearing and it also looks like a flimsy scab as the sides seem to be breaking apart. Maybe it's weak because I've used vasalene and kept it moist? dunno.

First two days I just used moisturizer and on third day I used moisturizer with vaseline. I noticed that when I use vaseline my wound looks even more horrendous since it's  shiny and turns white for some reason(like when you put your finger in water for too long). I also notice there's a lot more "fluid" trapped under vasaline/scab. My wound today had a yellowish discharge that was trapped under the vasaline. Not sure if it's pus or what but it didn't seem very thick. Might even have been a white head that burst? I don't know. Unforuntely while dabbing it away, the scab kinda came off a bit. I didn't peel it and just put it back. I really don't want this scab to fall off prematurely.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/22/2018 9:36 pm

It looks fine, ... even if the scab falls off naturally keep it moist. It will be red for a few weeks while it heals.