Notifications
Clear all

TCA peel - frosting?

MemberMember
(@ps07ha)

Posted : 10/19/2018 10:48 am

Hi all,
I have just done my first TCA peel at home and frosted mildly in only a couple of areas. At this point I had a minor panic and neutralised my face! My face is now looking red in some areas but not others. Is it likely that I will peel across my whole face, or only where frosting occurred? Just trying to calm my nerves a bit!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/19/2018 7:57 pm

@Ps07haWhat's done is done. White means the proteins of the tissue were effected (death of the cells to be turned over, based on application w/ areas of frosting). Sounds like un-even application, ... this is where peels take skill, to high % of TCA was used without a test spot and building up, no acetone was used on the whole area to clear oil and debris thus the un-even, and no feathering of the peel (some areas got a harsher treatment than others). This is where peels can be more complex than laser as they are very technique variable.

Ok what can we do. Occlude with a vaseline, acquaphor, triple antibiotic cream, biaphine, strataderm, or la roche after laser cream, or use manuka honey, you will have a few weeks of healing. Do daily twice a day vinegar pats where white vinegar with water (diluted is patted on the skin) - use this to kill bacteria and help the turnover of cells, never rub, do not use any other products on your skin AHA-BHA, no exfoliants or harsh chemicals. Aloe Vera can be healing. Time is a healer. Only spot treat zits as needed, sunscreen.

This is all in the peel guide, please goto the FAQ - first post of acne scar solutions, then the tca section, then the mega link to peels, and read about the freak outs and application hints of people who had issues with peels.

MemberMember
(@ps07ha)

Posted : 10/20/2018 3:10 am

Thanks for your reply. I did all the things suggested above (prepped with low percentage acids in the week leading up, used acetone immediately before the peel, did a test spot and built up from a 10% peel, which had no effect - which is why Im considering this my first proper peel). I also read the FAQs several times! I will agree that it was probably an uneven application, in that I neutralised after the first signs of frost (and this was on the part of my face that I applied the TCA to first). Again, the frost was very minor but enough to make me feel that I wanted to neutralise the peel.

I am using biafine on my skin and the MUA green tea cleanser with la Roche posay suncream - I have woken up this morning and my skin is a bit tight, slightly red all over but not very noticeably so. I guess its just a case of wait and see and hope for the best. Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 10/20/2018 11:19 pm

IIRC TCA is self neutralizing, so once the frost is visible, you can already consider it neutralized.