Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JadeRhubarb

My experience using the Estelle-35 ED Pill

Hi guys :) 

I don’t usually post much online but I came across this site a few months ago and thought it might be worth sharing my experience in case it might encourage/help others in a similar position.

I have had acne since I was about 12 years old, and it’s been pretty consistently bad since then (10 years). It has always been particularly bad on my face (especially my chin area) and my back. I never really tried any medication when I was a teenager, just different facial creams/cleaners and products; none of which did much for me.

I started using the doxycycline antibiotic about 2 years ago. It worked for a while; it really cleared up my face and back...but after going off it and going back on it a few times, it’s effects wore off and stopped making a difference.

My doctor prescribed me the Estelle-35 ED pill (generic version of Diana-35 ED) in December 2017 to see if that would help my acne. I honestly didn’t really see any results for the first 6 months of using it, which frustrated me a bit as a lot of the posts here were saying it works within 3-6 months. But I kept using it.

HOWEVER, in the last few months, I have really noticed a huge change. My skin is the clearest it has ever been since before I was a teenager! The redness from picking around my chin has gone down heaps, and I really only mildly break out once a month during my period when I’m on the sugar pills. My back is also really clear, and my skin is also a lot shinier and smooth.

I think I started noticing all the changes in late August/early September. So about 8 months in! 

Basically I just wanted to share in case there might be others out there who have been using the pill for a while a may not be seeing results yet. It sometimes takes a while and requires patience! I’m so glad I kept at it!

The photo below is progress of my face; the top photo was taken in February, and the bottom earlier this month in October.

All the best with your treatments everyone!

787EF976-6090-496B-9F25-30B94DAF7865.thumb.jpeg.af84ed99b6b75fc93c465dfa6aeb30c6.jpeg

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes