Notifications
Clear all

where to turn to after succesful subcision treatmeants

MemberMember
(@botanied)

Posted : 10/19/2018 12:14 am

hello. i've had great success with subcision for my boxcar/rolling scars, so much so that i'd say i've seen 40-60% improvement. they're not nearly as noticeable anymore as they used to be, and only under the right lighting do i notice they're still a bit shallow. what i was wondering was where should i go from here? should i keep doing subcisions until they've improved just a bit more and then proceed with other treatments? if so, what's the next step i should take?

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/19/2018 12:41 pm

If something works stick to it. Your dermatologist will guide you. As scar treatments move further into your revision the physician MUST adapt to the remaining scars, if they still continue to improve with subcsion, do not change the method, your physician will change the technique. If your scars are static, your dermatologist may suggest other methods- eg. with filler, or RF microneedling or even density controlled CO2 lasers. Be guided by your derm. A good dermatologist will always adapt to the remaining scars with different methods, treatments and techniques. Its all in the skill sets of your physician.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/19/2018 9:45 pm

@botaniedI don't think the intent of your post was fully addressed. If not, and Obi gave good advice... please post some pics of close up's of your scars using a flashlight or directional lighting. Then we can customize where to goto next with a plan. Attachment is choose file, insert, draft, submit - some have issues.

MemberMember
(@botanied)

Posted : 10/22/2018 10:30 pm

On 10/19/2018 at 9:45 PM, beautifulambition said:
@botaniedI don't think the intent of your post was fully addressed. If not, and Obi gave good advice... please post some pics of close up's of your scars using a flashlight or directional lighting. Then we can customize where to goto next with a plan. Attachment is choose file, insert, draft, submit - some have issues.

i still have some swelling from my most recent one so i have to wait a while.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, Obi wan said:

If something works stick to it. Your dermatologist will guide you. As scar treatments move further into your revision the physician MUST adapt to the remaining scars, if they still continue to improve with subcsion, do not change the method, your physician will change the technique. If your scars are static, your dermatologist may suggest other methods- eg. with filler, or RF microneedling or even density controlled CO2 lasers. Be guided by your derm. A good dermatologist will always adapt to the remaining scars with different methods, treatments and techniques. Its all in the skill sets of your physician.

i have faith in mine, he's practically worked a miracle on my scars so far.