Oily skin, More acn...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily skin, More acne, bad moisturizer

MemberMember
(@anna856)

Posted : 10/17/2018 7:34 pm

Hi guys!

Im fairly new to the regimen (half way through my second week.) So far I hate how my skin feels. It is soooo dry, but since its so dry my skin is also producing a lot of oil. On top of all this Im having a bad break out on my forehead, worse than usual.

Im having a really bad break out on my forehead and upper cheek area. Could my exesive acne be due to a purging process with the regimen? Ive read on the message boards about people breaking out then getting better so maybe this is what Im experiencing.

My skin is extremly dry and it hurts to smile; yet, my t zone is very oily. Im having trouble sleeping cause my face feels so itchy. Throughout the day my face produces so much oil I need to constanley blot my face (which only lasts 30 minutes cause I go right back to being oily). I blame this on the moisturizer. Its a lot of moisturizer and it never absorbs into my skin. I find the moisturize to not hydrate my face (or maybe it is but the BP is drying my skin so much that the moisturizer cant combate it.). Also, how long does it typically take for the skin to not be dry anymore? I can not stand my dry skin for more than a month. People say the dryness is the worst on week 2 and week 3, some one please tell me if this is accurate.

Does the moisturizer even work? Should I try a different moisturizer? If I should I have no idea which one to use. Cetaphil and CeraVe make me break out very bad so i wont use those products. Is there a different moisturizer I could use?

Thank you!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/19/2018 2:30 pm

Hi anna856,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin.

We would recommend that you use one pump of the Moisturizer and wait for it to be absorbed by your skin and then apply another pump to avoid any dryness or flakiness. For more information on oily skin and the Acne.org Moisturizer, kindly visit our FAQ page:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#oily

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 12/24/2018 2:35 pm

The purging is definitely normal. It sucks, but it's normal! Give it some more time before giving up. You could cut back on the amount of BP to see if that helps with the dryness.

For drugstore brands, I found Cerave the best for me. But since you mentioned that doesn't work for you, my favourite moisturizer, although a bit expensive, is the Soothe moisturizer from the Rodan and Fields line of skincare. Doesn't clog pores, soothes irritated skin and has tons of moisture!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/25/2019 9:36 pm

Itchy skin and dry skin (especially if flaking) indicate that the acne could be fungal acne rather than ordinary acne. Most moisturisers will make fungal acne worse. So-called "purging" when one applies treatments treatments for ordinary acne is often fungal acne breaking out, because most treatments for ordinary acne encourage fungal acne. Most moisturisers and organic oils feed one type of fungal acne. Exfoliating skin makes fungal acne worse because it strips away the natural skin barrier and allows fungus to invade.

Get back to me if you suspect that you have fungal acne rather than ordinary acne - fungal acne is indicated by the following - the acne is chronic and does not improve with treatments for ordinary acne, skin is red, itchy, sometimes burning, and/or flaking, presence of dandruff and/or white tongue, and sometimes toenail fungus, sinus problems, gut problems, unexplained tiredness and/or brain fog. Fungal acne can be treated with topical antifungal creams. Apologies - I am having trouble with formatting on this thread.

MemberMember
(@adamv80)

Posted : 02/17/2020 10:08 am

What do you suggest for fungal acne?