Notifications
Clear all

Hi...can someone please tell me if excision is an opportiunity to treat scars

MemberMember
(@aldi)

Posted : 10/15/2018 11:08 am

I have scars left from my acne all over my face but mostly in cheecks
I have some very big ones like box scars and I'm looking for treatments
I don't think that laser will help on this...I was reading and saw excision or skin grafts
Is this a good idea
I need some advice please..Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/16/2018 3:45 am

IF you could include some pictures of your scars I can help with a customized plan. I do not recommend excisions normally unless you have very few scars. Any time we cut and stitch that can lead to more scars. IT's sort of a outdated treatment if not used for a specific purpose.

Treatment recommendations will be based off your pictures. Scars make shadows. Please use a flashlight or directional light for the pictures as this helps.

BA

MemberMember
(@aldi)

Posted : 10/20/2018 6:07 am

In fact I wanted to use excision for 2 or 3 scars which I think that are more deeper than the others
What treatment you think would work best for me?
They are getting me really depressed

20181020_130047.thumb.jpg.c7531ad3c7c08c09d40ee256dea13e85.jpg

20181020_130146.thumb.jpg.8f7c63e91c665711133c40581e3ac658.jpg

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 10/20/2018 9:32 pm

From these pictures, I would say NO. Do not do excision because your scars are in areas of high tension and continuous movement. Excisions have a very high risk of looking worse because in order to excise a scar, the excision will have to be longer than the actual scar.

Aldi liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/20/2018 9:54 pm

@Aldi

What treatment you think would work best for me?

Thank you for having patience, due to Dr Lim's endorsement of me I am having heavy traffic, ... helping everyone. I try to respond in 24-hrs.

Ok you have severe scarring. Fat loss. Mainly rolling scars. Filler and subcision will help you most. I see a lot of room for improvement with your scars. I would never excise them as you have a fat loss problem, ... so you don't need bigger cuts on your face, you need volume.

You need 4 sessions of agressive subcision. I would have a 2 vials of Sculptra injected throughout the cheek and temples. On your last subcision you can have HA filler done for volume to the atrophy / deep pits. We are going to subcise again when we need a top up to the filler and do the other treatments between.

I would do 3 sessions of rf microneedling spaced between the subcisions to your face, this will stimulate the sculptra to fourm more collagen. Lookup HIV fat loss sculptra in google images and you will see that it can help.

You may (optional) also need co2 3-7% density to the border of some of your scars to soften them.

I would finally do many tca peels or a fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

At home between treatments. I want you to dermastamp the scars or get a dermiantor. Also use tretinorin/differin/retin-a nightly.

Everything should be 3 months (between treatments) - the body is slow to heal - Dr's push treatment to soon, many take 3 years to treat. Besides the at home stuff which is done monthly. Treat as you have time and money, everything is optional.

Aldi liked
MemberMember
(@aldi)

Posted : 10/21/2018 10:51 am

Thank you both so much.
Do you think that with all this can be an improvment done?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/21/2018 9:29 pm

@Aldi Yes you can get big improvement. Filler and subcision is most important!

The other is for further improvement and texture work.

Your main issue is volume and tethering.

BA

Again: "Everything should be 3 months (between treatments) - the body is slow to heal - Dr's push treatment to soon, many take 3 years to treat. Besides the at home stuff which is done monthly. Treat as you have time and money, everything is optional."

Aldi liked
MemberMember
(@aldi)

Posted : 10/22/2018 1:50 am

Thank you so much...I really appreciate all your explenation