Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Negga

My Scar vs Dr Recommendation on treatment

Hi all,

I have consulted Dr yesterday regarding treatment plan, he asked me to go for Subcision and ECO2 laser followed with some HA (Juverderm Volite) filler also Rejuran Healer in a day for few cycles. I just wonder if this is the best plan to me?
I will do 25% TCA peel by myself though.
Thanks for your help
43951209_2342824522617164_1093215197130129408_n.thumb.jpg.188504567c7a2dd86107d97e6e722e57.jpg44041470_1711953142267434_7208681197029818368_n.thumb.jpg.af36d8c577d848f5621261450a5bcd17.jpg44051358_2133619506650219_6241846649535070208_n.thumb.jpg.7b2eaa24db852772cf515135a7f28d30.jpg

Hi Negga, ... your scars are severe and will take many treatments.

You have extensive boxcars, fat loss in the cheeks and icepicks. 

I would never start with lasers first. Why, because you have lots of manual work to do on the scars before starting laser. 

You need extensive TCA cross and tca paint on or tca spot peels. This is where to the boxcars acid is painted on the floor of the scar only 3X in a session. TCA cross at a higher % is used on the smaller icepiclcks. Several sessions will be needed.

I would do 4 sessions of subcision with filler for the fat loss in the cheeks. Treat again when you need a top up. 

I would then do co2 3-7% density with full power angled only to the borders of those boxcars. This will soften them. You can also do rf microneedling. A few sessions are needed.

Lastly you will do multiple TCA pees for texture. 

Scars are not one and done. Many treat over 3 years as they have time and money. Separate out your treatments and space them a minimum of 3 months apart. Everything is optional. 

Because of your skin type start on nightly retin-a/tretinorin/differin and a konjac arbutin cream for cell turn over and to avoid skin discoloration. 

I think your scars are much more extensive than his plan and treatments should be spread out, the body is slow to heal. 

Thanks,
Ba

12 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Hi Negga, ... your scars are severe and will take many treatments.

You have extensive boxcars, fat loss in the cheeks and icepicks. 

I would never start with lasers first. Why, because you have lots of manual work to do on the scars before starting laser. 

You need extensive TCA cross and tca paint on or tca spot peels. This is where to the boxcars acid is painted on the floor of the scar only 3X in a session. TCA cross at a higher % is used on the smaller icepiclcks. Several sessions will be needed.

I would do 4 sessions of subcision with filler for the fat loss in the cheeks. Treat again when you need a top up. 

I would then do co2 3-7% density with full power angled only to the borders of those boxcars. This will soften them. You can also do rf microneedling. A few sessions are needed.

Lastly you will do multiple TCA pees for texture. 

Scars are not one and done. Many treat over 3 years as they have time and money. Separate out your treatments and space them a minimum of 3 months apart. Everything is optional. 

Because of your skin type start on nightly retin-a/tretinorin/differin and a konjac arbutin cream for cell turn over and to avoid skin discoloration. 

I think your scars are much more extensive than his plan and treatments should be spread out, the body is slow to heal. 

Thanks,
Ba

thanks for your reply. i will start off with subcision+ Filler together with TCA CROSS.