Notifications
Clear all

Will Derma needling (collagen pin) help?

MemberMember
(@hope828)

Posted : 10/15/2018 5:46 am

Im desperate for smoother skin! My self esteem is gone.. Ive fought cystic acne for over 20 years.
Ive done fraxel, microdermabrasion, used Tazorac for at least 4 years (Retna-A before that) & recently has some minor subcision and 2 syringes of filler added below the skin & directly into the deeper pock marks. Im scheduled to have Microneedling done next month. The subcision & filler was done by a Rn that Ive know forever & she is the only person ive found in the south east that has helped me. Ive searched for a Dr that specalizes in acne scars in my region but havent found anyone. Will the Microneedling help?
Any advice is welcome, Im so self conscious.

14 minutes ago, Hope828 said:

Im desperate for smoother skin! My self esteem is gone.. Ive fought cystic acne for over 20 years.
Ive done fraxel, microdermabrasion, used Tazorac for at least 4 years (Retna-A before that) & recently has some minor subcision and 2 syringes of filler added below the skin & directly into the deeper pock marks. Im scheduled to have Microneedling done next month. The subcision & filler was done by a Rn that Ive know forever & she is the only person ive found in the south east that has helped me. Ive searched for a Dr that specalizes in acne scars in my region but havent found anyone. Will the Microneedling help?
Any advice is welcome, Im so self conscious.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/15/2018 6:49 am

Hi @Hope828, I will try to help. Please attach the pictures, didn't work ... Posters often don't realize you have to find file, insert into post, draft, and submit,it.

I have to see your scars to customize a solution. Subcision is very dependent (technique) on the one doing it. So while the kind RN might have done something, I have to see the pic to confirm.

Microneedling while helpful will not fix scars alone. You need a multi-step plan.

Please be patient, due to Dr Lim's recent endorsement of the boards I will get back to you as soon as I am able 24-hrs typically.

Thanks!
Ba