Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hope828

Will Derma needling (collagen pin) help?

I’m desperate for smoother skin! My self esteem is gone.. I’ve fought cystic acne for over 20 years.
 I’ve done fraxel, microdermabrasion, used  Tazorac for at least 4 years (Retna-A before that) & recently has some minor subcision and 2  syringes of filler added below the skin  & directly into the deeper pock marks.  I’m scheduled to have Microneedling done next month. The subcision & filler was done by a Rn that I’ve know forever & she is the only person ive found in the south east that has helped me. I’ve searched for a Dr that specalizes in acne scars in my region but haven’t found anyone. Will the Microneedling help?
Any advice is welcome, I’m so self conscious. 

14 minutes ago, Hope828 said:

I’m desperate for smoother skin! My self esteem is gone.. I’ve fought cystic acne for over 20 years.
 I’ve done fraxel, microdermabrasion, used  Tazorac for at least 4 years (Retna-A before that) & recently has some minor subcision and 2  syringes of filler added below the skin  & directly into the deeper pock marks.  I’m scheduled to have Microneedling done next month. The subcision & filler was done by a Rn that I’ve know forever & she is the only person ive found in the south east that has helped me. I’ve searched for a Dr that specalizes in acne scars in my region but haven’t found anyone. Will the Microneedling help?
Any advice is welcome, I’m so self conscious. 

Edited by Hope828
Added pictures

Hi @Hope828, I will try to help. Please attach the pictures, didn't work ... Posters often don't realize you have to find file, insert into post, draft, and submit,it. 

I have to see your scars to customize a solution. Subcision is very dependent (technique) on the one doing it. So while the kind RN might have done something, I have to see the pic to confirm.

Microneedling while helpful will not fix scars alone. You need a multi-step plan.

Please be patient, due to Dr Lim's recent endorsement of the boards I will get back to you as soon as I am able 24-hrs typically. 

Thanks!
Ba