Notifications
Clear all

Does skin eventually become dependent on benzoyl peroxide (to where if you stop using it, you get massive acne that was worse than before you started using it)?

MemberMember
(@kfdjkjsdf)

Posted : 10/13/2018 8:25 pm

Because I think that's what happened with my skin.

There were areas of my face where I rarely got acne, but because of how annoying it was on the occasions where I got a breakout there, I started applying benzoyl peroxide liberally to those areas daily.

In past years, I would every now and then get the urge to stop using benzoyl peroxide and see what happened. And in those times, my acne would eventually become absolutely unbearable.

For instance, I used to only occasionally get acne around my lips and chin. I eventually started making a point of applying benzoyl peroxide to those areas daily, and now I almost never get anything in those areas. However, if I were to stop using BP, I would break out like MAD, to the point where I wouldn't even want to be seen in public until a few weeks of resumed BP use to clear those areas up again.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 10/14/2018 3:35 am

Yes that can happen..so when you decide to get off of it, do it slowly, gradually decrease the frequency of usage or else acne can come back even stronger than before.