Notifications
Clear all

I've visited Dr Henningsen

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 10/13/2018 4:48 am

Another topic about Emil Henningsen, maybe it is useful for someone to read.

Yesterday I had my appointment with him. I must admit, I was a little bit shocked when I saw him, he is a bit taller then I thought. Don't know why I thought that, sometimes you have some kind of image of someone that you've never seen irl in your head I guess :)

Anyway.. I really must say for me, he is definitely the nicest doctor I've met. And I've met quite a few. Really friendly. After he examined my scars, he decided that subcision was a good thing to do and he told me he was going to use 1ml of restylane as a buffer. I was really happy to hear that, because without the buffer I would've suction the scars. Did it previously and didn't like to do that. 

Everything went well, now swollen and bruised. A bit painful too. So now it is time to wait. Will evaluate things in two weeks and I will update :)

Once again, it is a really nice doctor(and so is the staff of the clinic!) I have his phone number and I can send him selfies if there is something I may find concerning. Even in weekends he is available for this he told me. And what really nice was, was the fact I discussed the cost with him. I'm used to Euro's and Denmark is one of the few countries in Europe that still have their foreign coins (DKK). He told me he wasn't interested in the moneything and I also could pay him once a was back home. It was not necessary, there was enough of DKK in my pocket. Actually, I've got quite a lot money left. It was cheaper than I've thought. Both cheeks, subcision with one ml restylane was like 650 euro which is like 750 dollar.  

Will update in 2 weeks.

EkiAyran, eva_li, ScarRight and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/13/2018 4:55 pm

Very useful. Please keep updating!

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 10/14/2018 2:43 am

10 hours ago, Sibel said:

Very useful. Please keep updating!

Will do!

If you decided to visit Emil and you live south of Denmark, maybe it is wise to go by plane or train. I've been by car and there a lot of of road works in North of Germany, especially around Hamburg and Bremen. LOADS of traffic.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/14/2018 11:21 am

Going by plane and train, I live in Belgium. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 10/14/2018 4:03 pm

It would be nive to see some pictures. Good luck with the healing

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 12/15/2018 1:22 am

So any updates? Improvements?

.. no improvement at all, right?

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/09/2019 2:44 am

Yesterday  I've visited him again. He looked at my before pics and said he was seeing a definite elevation in the scars. 

Yesterday he also did subcision, but with a cannula and WITHOUT any form of amnesia. He just stuck the needle in my face and subcise and did filler right after that. It did hurt, but it was bareble. My main concern is that I didn't heard any popping. It was four months ago that I've had my first treatment by him, also subcision (nokor) and filler. Maybe the scars were still unthetered? I've mailed him with this question, hopefully I get a reply back soon. 

Still, he is the most kind doctors I've ever met :)

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 02/09/2019 3:10 am

Thank you for sharing. The measurement of success has to be quantitively measured - ie. objective photography, but the irony is that the greatest index is subjective improvement. Cannula subcision has much less collateral damage than Nokor. The reason why he did not give anaesthesia is that the plane of subcision is relative free of major nerves- hence it was bearable. Popping, release and snap can be sometimes heard, but most often felt. The use of filler is to act as a buffer, or to address truly atrophic scars (detected with the tip of the cannula) . The popping is not essential, as if the procedure is done gently, tethered bonds break with controlled force. The end result will be evident on photography in 7-10 days time when the swelling decreases. The most important aspect is that you should have great before and afters- one member here has done a fantastic job of documentation with his visits to both Rullan and Weiner. Documentation takes away the subjective viewpoints that we all have thereby assisting you with your progress. Thanks once again for your input.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/09/2019 3:30 am

Thanks Obi :)

Before je started the procedure he said that huis purpose was to do the subcision without a cannula, but of there was   too much resistance and fibrosis, he would switch to Nokor. Which he haven't done. I trust him, but not hearing the popping sound was a bit concerning for me :) Thanks for making me feel less concerned :)

He also told me he suppose to fly to Australia yesterday evening to see Dr. Lim. Unfortunately Dr.Lim cancelled the appointment for some private stuff.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/09/2019 9:33 am

@Noa27Ifyour in pain, please tell him ouch this hurts I want a shot of anesthetic. Ask next time for a topical if you wish to be put on earlier or you can buy one over the counter pre-appointment, they are sold for tattoos. Also the Filler he used has lidocaine in it.

You still could have filler left and it's not re-tethered, but it's ok to do more subcision. Next time if you don't need filler no need to do that till you need a top up with your subcision.

Dr Emil is a nice guy 😉

Perhaps share some closeup pictures of your scars so we can help more.

BA

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/10/2019 6:47 am

When I have the guts, I will post some pics :)

I've noticed I got some big lumps, especially on my left cheek which is the worst with scarring. I don't massage it, because I've read that is a good thing. Problem is I have to work tommorow :') 

MemberMember
(@liloo)

Posted : 02/10/2019 7:07 am

I was thursday at dr Emil. 

I can agree 100% with you . He is a very Kind and super Competent and Professional. He Really try to help you the best way, Without any ulterior moves making the Most Money ...

he Looks at you, Touch your scars and feels it .

we done nokor subsicion at the Checks and a Little smaller Needle for the Templates , dont feel any pain at all .

also he done some Fillers and TCA Cross 

i am Bit swollen now , but i think the result is very good , i Will Go for a Next Meeting at june or may ! 

I ve done 2 x Times fraxel Repair , ist was Useless, Emil explain it to me , Thats the totaly wrong way to do First Laser, because the Problem of my scars are unter the epidermis , at a Laser cant Go there , so we have to fix with Subcision :) 

i am very Glad to Meet dr Emil 

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/10/2019 10:04 am

2 hours ago, Liloo said:

I can agree 100% with you . He is a very Kind and super Competent and Professional. He Really try to help you the best way, Without any ulterior moves making the Most Money ...

we done nokor subsicion at the Checks and a Little smaller Needle for the Templates , dont feel any pain at all .

i am Bit swollen now , but i think the result is very good , i Will Go for a Next Meeting at june or may ! 

I ve done 2 x Times fraxel Repair , ist was Useless, Emil explain it to me , Thats the totaly wrong way to do First Laser, because the Problem of my scars are unter the epidermis , at a Laser cant Go there , so we have to fix with Subcision :) 

Where are you from? :)

MemberMember
(@amanda3)

Posted : 04/02/2019 5:48 pm

On 2/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, Noa27 said:

When I have the guts, I will post some pics :)

I've noticed I got some big lumps, especially on my left cheek which is the worst with scarring. I don't massage it, because I've read that is a good thing. Problem is I have to work tommorow :') 

How are you progressing? Are the lumps gone? I have an appointment with de Henningsen in a couple of weeks and feel quite nervous about it all. Dont want my scars to get worse. Planning to do subcision and TCA and fillers.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:07 PM, Liloo said:

How are your scars now after some time after treatment?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/03/2019 10:05 am

@Amanda3I really would not worry, ... seems your post is out of fear and anxiety. Emil is a good Dr. It really depends how you heal, how sensitive you are and your customized outcome for treatment. No one person is the same when it comes to that. This is why there are so many factors to good treatment with scars. Emil is kind and will do what you ask him to do. If that is no _____ he will do that, or no laser he will do that. Manual methodsare alwaysbest first. Lumps are a very very rare 1-5% total treated thing that happens and are treatable, again the bodies variabilityin healing. You can always just treat one area and see how you like it if you are concerned.

MemberMember
(@amanda3)

Posted : 04/04/2019 8:30 am

22 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Amanda3I really would not worry, ... seems your post is out of fear and anxiety. Emil is a good Dr. It really depends how you heal, how sensitive you are and your customized outcome for treatment. No one person is the same when it comes to that. This is why there are so many factors to good treatment with scars. Emil is kind and will do what you ask him to do. If that is no _____ he will do that, or no laser he will do that. Manual methodsare alwaysbest first. Lumps are a very very rare 1-5% total treated thing that happens and are treatable, again the bodies variabilityin healing. You can always just treat one area and see how you like it if you are concerned.

Thank you for your kind answer. Yes Im quite precaucious after a failed fraxel treatment that actually left me with new scars.

im afraid to do the subcision with a nokor needle since Ive read here that some got lumps or hematomas after treated with that.

also read that the cannula technique is safer, using a thinner needle. Just wondering why he doesnt use cannula instead of the Nokor needle if thats the case?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/04/2019 8:57 am

@Amanda3He uses both techniques. Nokor is not dangerous. Everyone saying so has blown the subject way out of proportion again a very very small percentage get side effects. It really is how you heal. If your sensitive and heal poorly yes you should be doing cannula subcison and you just tell him to do that. We have had very sensitive patients with severe scars who had Nokor and had amazing results. Lumps are really not that big of a deal. The safest treatment is none at all. Sadly many of these rely on the body healing itself, ... just like you would if you had a cut. Lim also uses Nokor and Cannula depending on the scar type and case. IF your very fibrotic, they have to use Nokor.

Again if your afraid you do a test area instead of the whole face.

Saying cannula is safer alone is not looking at the whole picture (customized treatment). We treatthe scars, not by what tool patients think we should use. Tell the receptionist that you want cannula sub only. A Dr can do endroscopic face lifts (same as cannula EG above), but they never turn out as well as a full face lift. It all depends on the patients goals.

They used to use only a standard needle for subcisions and that would have terrible results but is safe.

MemberMember
(@amanda3)

Posted : 04/04/2019 3:22 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Amanda3He uses both techniques. Nokor is not dangerous. Everyone saying so has blown the subject way out of proportion again a very very small percentage get side effects. It really is how you heal. If your sensitive and heal poorly yes you should be doing cannula subcison and you just tell him to do that. We have had very sensitive patients with severe scars who had Nokor and had amazing results. Lumps are really not that big of a deal. The safest treatment is none at all. Sadly many of these rely on the body healing itself, ... just like you would if you had a cut. Lim also uses Nokor and Cannula depending on the scar type and case. IF your very fibrotic, they have to use Nokor.

Again if your afraid you do a test area instead of the whole face.

Saying cannula is safer alone is not looking at the whole picture (customized treatment). We treatthe scars, not by what tool patients think we should use. Tell the receptionist that you want cannula sub only. A Dr can do endroscopic face lifts (same as cannula EG above), but they never turn out as well as a full face lift. It all depends on the patients goals.

They used to use only a standard needle for subcisions and that would have terrible results but is safe.

Thank you for your thorough answer. I get the picture. I will consult the doctor and see what he finds best for me.

I just finished reading a reply you did to a guy who did 10 fraxel treatments with no improvement and almost started crying. I did 4 of them 2 years ago, 1 month apart, and I really felt it ruined my skin. It has taken a long time to accept the situation and not be bitter about it. My skin texture is actually worse now than before and if I could only go back in time I wouldnt have done it. It was a Fraxium1550 on 70mj setting I think... cant remember how many passes. But my skin really showed no improvement, rather it did create some sagginess and enlarged pores which seems impossible to get rid of.

Oh well. Now just hoping that subcision will fix the worst.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/05/2019 10:51 am

@Amanda3I gave some great tips in that post. The answer is to improve your moisture barrier. Do not treat anywhere that is not scarred. Retin- a helps some get - cell turnover, but you have to decide if it's ok for yourself. PRP can help with some healing. In Europe you have Meso therapy or SKin boosters to the superficial skin, any injector can do this. Vitamin C is healing to collagen, Niacinamide is a great ingredient. I would stick to manual methods. ... A deep peel can happen down the road if you need it but the condition of your skin and healing must be checked as to not cause more damage(plastic surgeon's do this). Laser can have side effects Over dilute sculptra boosts collagen and helps with widespread surface texture.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 05/23/2019 6:50 am

Hey all!  I'm sorry that i didn't answer some questions about results, but that had a reason. It is pretty drastic, but I haven't looked in a mirror for about 5 months, so I didn't know if I had results. Let me tell you why. 

The 5th of December (like 2 months after my visit in Denmark at dr. Henningsen was one of the last times I looked into a mirror. When I looked, I was not sure about results. Honestly, I didn't see much. Scars were still pretty indented. 

My first visit at dr. Henningsen went really well. He was kind en therefore I just trust him. Also because of his knowledge about scarring. So I booked a second appointment with in the beginning of this year. Again he did subcision with filler,  this time with a cannula. 

Because I wanted to focus on my recovery, I decided to ignore the mirror for a couple of months. I know myself: if I don't see results in a week time I stress too much. That affects my sleep, how I eat, etc. Just simply affects my life. I didn't want that. So I didn't look in the mirror, eat healthy and pretty much be happy. Believe it or not, it made my a whole different person. At some point I wasn't aware of my scars anymore because I didn't see them. 

But today... It was the day I looked in the mirror again since december.  And I was really pleased with what I saw. Obviously I still have scars, but my skin look more plump and my scars don't look as deep anymore. Also, when I go with my finger over my skin, it also feels (at some places a lot) smoother. 

I do want to go back to him, but when... I don't know. Right know I'm living my life with more confidence I've ever had and my boyfriend and I are trying to have our second child :) Maybe I will visit him this year, maybe next year. Time Will tell :)

Sibel, freshman and Miro liked
MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 05/25/2019 1:26 am

I hate to be that guy but are we going to see some b/a pictures of your progress in the near future..?

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 05/25/2019 11:57 am

10 hours ago, CoconutRough said:

I hate to be that guy but are we going to see some b/a pictures of your progress in the near future..?

You are right, if i was you i would ask the same question :)

I'm planning to go to Emil again in september/october. He make pics before treatments, so I will post befores and afters after my visit. It is hard for me to make pics in the same lightning as he did. 

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 05/25/2019 1:19 pm

I checked the prices of Henningsen and the lasers are very expensive. 2200/facefor a session is a lot.

In Italy I could get a laser for 300-400 at the most for the full face with the newest lasers....I don't understand the 1800 of difference

edit: actually I checked again with a translator....the 2200 is two lasers, aCO2 plus aErbium:YAG laser resurfacing.

1 laser is 1000, still a lot though

kinder / tindinge I have no idea what it means, the translator isn't clear

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/26/2019 11:28 am

@SimpleMuttonYou get what you pay for.

This site is international, thus there will be different charges and standards. It's not uncommon to find $5-8,000 laser treatments in the USA by very skilled Dr's who speak, teach,and write papers on the subject. Buyer be ware - research!

I see your comparing here. If you feel you can get it less in Italy then do so. I have so many patients from Italy who contact me and are damaged by their laser Dr, have terrible treatments, poor results, or feel stuck / say nothing happen. You get what you pay for. Sure a dentist / or med spa can laser you, ... you decide if you are comfortable with them experimenting on your skin. Are we comparing the 3rd-world (there are lasers in Thailand - but little medical standards), Italy, or Expensive northern countries like Denmark with very high governmental standards of medical care and compliance....the cost of living is more. If laser was so great in Italy everyone would be going there for treatment, right (yet we have various posters from Italy traveling to fix botched laser treatment). Some countries like France even subsidize the laser (health care system), ... then the patients show up here and say my face is ruined by laser. Most likely some terrible operator just blasted them. You don't let any surgeon operate so why would one have laser like this.

A $200,000 to 300,000 picosure must be paid off some how. It's expensive to be a Dr, pay staff, insurance, equipment, ... not cheap.

You posted elsewhere about "ablative" laser, - all CO2and erbium are ablative. There are many brands and that is where people get confused which all deliver by different methods. One version of CO2 may not be as good as another, etc. Very very skill dependent.

There are side effects from laser, some make more scars then when you start with. Anyone can buy a laser in the EU. This is very skill dependent. Do you goto a plastic surgeon with years of experience and try to price shop with him. Thatmay not work - ... and one could be botched. We are not shopping for treatments, we are paying for the Dr's experience. Some of the worst Dr's will just blast your for a very cheap price and discontinue seeing you. This is a very specialized field. One can price shop and "experiment" if they wish. The more % of cases they treat of acne scar patients monthly, the better they are and thus the more expensive the treatment will be for their results or you could just goto anyone.

MemberMember
(@antdomtropgmail-com)

Posted : 03/06/2020 4:24 pm

On 5/25/2019 at 8:19 PM, SimpleMutton said:

I checked the prices of Henningsen and the lasers are very expensive. 2200/facefor a session is a lot.

In Italy I could get a laser for 300-400 at the most for the full face with the newest lasers....I don't understand the 1800 of difference

edit: actually I checked again with a translator....the 2200 is two lasers, aCO2 plus aErbium:YAG laser resurfacing.

1 laser is 1000, still a lot though

kinder / tindinge I have no idea what it means, the translator isn't clear

Did you have updates?