Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acurtis

discoloration

This is my first time using this website and i'm not sure if I am using it correctly. Nevertheless, I need help. I am 23 years old and since high school my face will break out badly if I sweat or exert any energy. I use this cream called porcelana (a discoloration cream) for about two weeks and my face goes back to a even tone. What do I have and what should I do?

How long after you exert energy/sweat does it take for your face to break out? If it's an almost immediate reaction, you might benefit from seeing a dermatologist to figure out if there's another underlying cause. A thyroid disorder, for instance.

If it takes a little while (let's say a few hours to half a day or so), it might be due to the fact that your body maintains different concentrations of hormones for hours after physical exertion (to promote the metabolism of fats, proteins, etc); your skin might simply be extremely sensitive to your body's own secretions.

It might also be that the visual effect of sweat on your face accentuates red marks, scars, pores, and other irregularities that wouldn't otherwise be visible. This might cause you to pick at them (out of concern), which then irritates them into becoming full-blown lesions. Just a possibility.