Notifications
Clear all

Low dose Accutane, working?

MemberMember
(@frizk)

Posted : 10/11/2018 3:57 am

Hi,
Background:

I'm a male in the 20's that have had flawless skin up until I turned 19 when I was going through a bad break up and other negative things striking at the same. I started getting skin-colored bumps on my cheeks and I started to pick them but they all became inflamed red cysts that left huge scars. From that point I went through a year of cysts only on my cheeks and awful scarring but started to calm down with time to white heads.

Anyways, I started a course of very low dose accutane as I started getting clogged pores on my jaw line and cheeks which all became inflamed with time but a part from that my acne was mild. I was on 30mg/week to start with and later on jumped to 10mg/day and I cleared up pretty good despite having small white heads weekly. After being living in a very humid and warm country I started getting skin colored bumps again  aon my cheeks and jawline which became cysts and left scars with uneven skin. I have been on 10mg/day on Accutane for 7 weeks now and have had this pores coming out  but left scars.

As I'm only in week 7 I have had more of these skin-colored bumps showing up on my cheeks and I'm not quite sure if they are being pushed up to the surface or if I am getting more of those even though I'm on accutane as I think Ive already gone through my initial breakout?

Would appreciate any feedback.

MemberMember
(@frizk)

Posted : 10/12/2018 8:27 am

bump

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 10/18/2018 9:49 pm

I haven't heard any success stories with low dose accutane. However, success rates are very good with high dose. My cysts are completely cleared since my one and only high dose accutane round 3 years ago.