Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edsoonw

Some questions for acne scar treatment

Hello there,
I intend to do some acne scar procedures, and my doctor's options were, an Agressive technique on dermarolling and an subcision for the deeper scars that supposedly will help more on acne scars and the Endymed RF treatment which would be better for an overall better skin(pores, texture and acne scars in this case) my questions are:

Is there an better order for best results?
What more treatments fits well on my case?
Does Endymed RF treatment shrink pores on long term?

Right side of my face are mostly acne scars and some enlarged pores
left side of my face has 2 deep acne scars which I can feel the absence of collagen or fat, (internal acne which were popped while sleeping) that were marked on one of the photos and more enlarged pores.

Edited by edsoonw
missing photos

@edsoonw

Scarring is based on a individual plan, not a package of treatments. Please include pictures of your scars or PM me,... scars make shadows - use a flashlight or directional light so I can best address your issues. 

Yes you always want to do manual methods first for acne scars before going to energy device.

In your case subcision and filler if needed (3-4 sessions) spread out far enough so you only top up as needed (more filler - when it runs out).

In between you will do your TCA Cross for icepicks or paint / spot peels inside of the box cars (TCA).

You would do rf needling / Endymed also between the subcisions.

Space things out, ... this is a marathon not a race. Treat as you have time and money. The body heals very slow. Allow 3 months of healing time between treatments or longer. Some treat over 3 years. See what you do well with. Everything is optional. 

For large pores / icepicks tca cross is effective, fraxel or clear and brilliant, and angled co2 laser. RF needling also works to shrink the pores and raise boxcars. 

Finally you finish off with multiple tca peels, or fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

Treat as you have time and money, everything is optional, some treat over 3 years, 3 months between treatments is optimal as we heal slowly, subcision is most effective for many with pits. 

Thank you for the kind understanding and patience, due to Dr Lim's endorsement of this forum we have massive new traffic, it may take me 24-hrs to get back to you.

BA

of course man, feel people NEED treatments, mostly they want to..

note: im not deaperately chasing for perfections, I just want to clear my skin as much as I can.
and most of my scars are internal, meaning the superficial layer of my skin are the least damaged, i guess..

Edited by edsoonw

@edsoonw See this is a lesson on why indirect lighting or "shadows" are important.
The first set of pics with the direct light do not really help us see your scars. You do have severe scars. 

lSdWrQJ.jpg

HqVDhlK.jpg

eqleXAv.jpg
5HvMeZ5.jpg

You have fat deficiency, in the cheeks (filler is needed), rolling scars, and box cars. Subcision and filler is very important for you!

I stand by much of my advice above (customized it).

Yes you always want to do manual methods first for acne scars before going to energy device.

In your case subcision and filler if needed (4 sessions) spread out far enough so you only top up as needed (more filler - when it runs out).

In between you will do your TCA Cross for icepicks or paint / spot peels inside of the box cars (TCA).

You would do rf needling / Endymed also between the subcisions.

For boxcars you need angled co2 laser only to the sharp box car border to soften them. RF needling also works to shrink the pores and raise boxcars. 

Space things out, ... this is a marathon not a race. Treat as you have time and money. The body heals very slow. Allow 3 months of healing time between treatments or longer. Some treat over 3 years. See what you do well with. Everything is optional. 

Finally you finish off with multiple tca peels, or fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

You have ethnic skin so picosure would help with the PIE or redness post wounding of acne or a vascular laser.

Nightly use tretinorin/ differin cream with arbutin and konjac cream for PIE and cell turnover.

Thank you for your kind understanding and patience, due to Dr Lim's endorsement of this forum we have massive new traffic, it may take me 24-hrs to get back to you.

BA