Notifications
Clear all

Types of scaring and best affordable treatment?

MemberMember
(@tjj)

Posted : 10/10/2018 11:24 am

BA6AC7EC-CDC4-492B-8199-3CEF0F4C4A2B.thumb.jpeg.b0d51e665d58224f63721e2093109312.jpegCan I ask what type of scaring is that? Ice pick, boxscar and enlarge pores?

What is the most affordable treatment for it?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/10/2018 8:50 pm

@tjjThese are icepicks (main issue), box cars, and maybe a few rolling scars.

I would do several sessions of TCA Crossfor icepicks or paint / spot peels inside of the box cars (TCA).

In your case subcision (4sessions), you may need filler, it looks like some areas of fat loss.

I would do Fraxel for the large pores/icepicks with angled co2 3-7% density at full power. Pores/Picks -Tca cross is effective, fraxel or clear and brilliant, and angled co2 laser. RF needling also works to shrink the pores and raise boxcars.

Space things out, ... this is a marathon not a race. Treat as you have time and money. The body heals very slow. Allow 3 months of healing time between treatments or longer. Some treat over 3 years. See what you do well with. Everything is optional.

Because of your skin type use retin-a/tretinorin/differin nightly with a konjac and arbutin cream for cell turnover and to prevent pigmentation issues.

Finally you finish off with multiple tca peels, or fully ablative erbium resurfacing for texture.

Treat as you have time and money, everything is optional, some treat over 3 years, 3 months between treatments is optimal as we heal slowly, subcision is most effective for many with pits.

Thank you for the kind understanding and patience, due to Dr Lim's endorsement of this forum we have massive new traffic, it may take me 24-hrs to get back to you.

BA

tjj liked