Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

why is it when i'm happy, people try to put me down? for example, i need to raise my gpa, so i made it my goal to ace my classes. but i notice that a lot of people have discourage me from this or have started competing with me. what did i do?

then when i'm depress, people use this excuse to blame things on me. like the fact that i've been pretty depressed lately. when i tell this to my friends/family and feel they're contributing to it (why else would i feel alone?), they take this to offense. last night, when i was crying, i looked up this and realized they say these things to me. is it me or aren't i right for expecting some respect and consideration? you may be blunt...the truth hurts.

It's so good that you are trying to do things for yourself, like raising your G.P.A. When other people see the good you are doing for yourself they tend to want do the same thing for themselves. You occasionally will come across those that just have the need to be better than someone else. The best you can do is just ignore they're attempts at discouraging you or trying to be better than you. It's just human nature. The ones that deserve it will get what they strive for.

As for your depression and family and friends, it's hard to see someone in that situation and not know how to help them. People often get frustrated because they don't understand what is going on in the other's head, and it kind of makes them feel helpless becaue they can't help. Sometimes they may take it personally, when your depression may actually have nothing to do with them.

Guest OnlyJoe

Yep im doing a degree at a good university in england.

We dont do all that GPA stuff.

GCSE's, A-levels, and BSc's

well I do see your point and theirs. It depends, when you are depressed do you kind of show it to everyone? If it puts everyone else down I guess it makes them feel down, but they shouldn't react like that!

Mny hide it, they don't want it to burden others. Ah well, sorry i didn't really answer your question

tis true what they say, depression is mostly in your head. I take it you think negatively all the time? same here. Try to change this, I know its hard but nothing worth having was ever easy..

byebye

dude grow up (jtln).

lame jane, you can always come here if you are feeling down, we are always here, 24/7 high on coffee...

why is it when i'm happy, people try to put me down? for example, i need to raise my gpa, so i made it my goal to ace my classes. but i notice that a lot of people have discourage me from this or have started competing with me. what did i do?

It's a cruel world. I don't think you can expect much respect when you feel like shit yourself.

Ya, I know what BS is...

But its true...

You have to create your own respect, and no one can respect you until you respect yourself. It's that simple.

okay.

i've resolve that...shit happens. things change, people change. if anyone has ever ran away, please share your tips on how i can leave my depressing social sphere and start anew (turned twenty). maybe then we'll find out if it's me or them doubt.gif

gee, you being sarcastic there or not? I can't tell. Well, just hang in there. go see your doctor about some meds. I didn't go until just last month after having depression for so long...

(((hugs)))