Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustWaiting

Epiduo vs. Tazoracchange in retinoids?

I've been on epiduo for a couple of years post accutane, and have had fairly clear skin (think a pimple or two at all time, but clear other than that). 5 months ago I took plan b and it WRECKED my skin–worse than I've ever seen it before (even pre-Accutane), cystic acne and whiteheads and blackheads everywhere.

After a few months of hoping my body's hormones would adjust, I gave up and went to my dermatologist again, who just prescribed me tazorac. I'm only 4 days in and already experiencing an initial breakout.

What has your experience been when you've switched retinoids? Desperate to know how it's effected other people. 

Edited by JustWaiting

I've tried different retinoids and I always purge initially, whether switching to a new one or using the same one again. The only time I didn't was with differin because it took a really long time for it to start working and I didn't get a purge until ~5 months in. I would stick with tazorac, I personally think it's the best as far as the least likely to cause a cystic breakout or scarring. It will work in 3 months, but if you're still breaking after that then it's hormonal.