Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bsnead007

Scar revision

Im in Oklahoma and have not had much success in finding a expert on acne scars.  Anyone on here have any experience with dr in Oklahoma.   Thanks

I do not know someone specifically in Oklahoma but I can offer some advice. IF you do find someone please share the contact with me so I can add them to the list. 

You need to look for someone who specifically does manual scar work, meaning cannular or nokor (type of needle) subcision and tca cross. IF they offer laser first or push this they are not the right person. Call around the derm offices, ask for this procedure and ask how many they do a month, should be quite a few. Look at the reviews on realself and yelp.com. Plastic Surgeon's might do this procedure as well, many times you can tell by their website if they only do laser for "acne scar treatment," ... but call and ask. Call the local colleges that teach dermatology, ... they should offer this as a treatment. I have a list of recommendations in the FAQ - top post of the acne scar sub. There are few drs who specialize in scars and also rely on manual methods first. There are many Drs in the world so often good Drs are hidden and not known. 

There are a list of questions to ask potential Drs in the FAQ under recommendations to screen them. It's always worth a consultation, even if you have to pay for it by a few Drs if you find ones who do manual work.