Notifications
Clear all

What is the best treatment for sun damage?

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 10/08/2018 5:13 pm

I have some reddening on my face which I think is from the sun, what would be the best treatment for this which isn't harsh? I don't know where to start, do I see a Dermatologist or a Plastic Surgeon? How do I find a good one? I'm also assuming a procedure like this will not be covered under insurance. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/08/2018 6:41 pm

@mjg713Redness is treated with vascular laser or q-switch, ... if you have ethnic skin picosure. If it's only slight redness a steroid may me used of topical,. Rosacea can also be caused by triggers like the sun. See a Dermatologist. Most of these things are considered out of pocket aesthetics treatments. So you want a procedural or aesthetics dermatologist or med spa.

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 10/08/2018 6:42 pm

Just now, beautifulambition said:
@mjg713Redness is treated with vascular laser or q-switch, ... if you have ethnic skin picosure. If it's only slight redness a steroid may me used of topical,. Rosacea can also be caused by triggers like the sun. See a Dermatologist. Most of these things are considered out of pocket aesthetics treatments. So you want a procedural or aesthetics dermatologist or med spa.

How do I go about finding a good Dr?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/09/2018 6:33 am

There are a list of questions in the FAQ - top of the acne scar sub, first post, on what to ask in a DR. Your looking for someone in your case that does aesthetics work, or a med spa. Might be a derm or plastic surgeon.

Call around the derm offices, ask the questions from the FAQ to screen them. Look at the reviews on realself and yelp.com. Plastic Surgeon's might do this procedure as well. Call the local colleges that teach dermatology, ... they should offer this as a treatment. I have a list of recommendations in the FAQ - top post of the acne scar sub. Share with me if you find another good source.

It's always worth a consultation, even if you have to pay for it by a few Drs. In your case you need vascular laser or q-switch, ... so find someone who treats with these items.

BA